jkoblovsky

join:2011-09-27
Keswick, ON
kudos:2

2 edits
reply to sbrook

Re: [Cable] TEKSAVVY, KICK YOUR LAWYERS IN THE ASS

said by sbrook:

Morisato, you think the TPIAs aren't pursuing this? There are lots of things that at this time though do have higher priority. Look at all the people here clamouring for speed matching and no caps. You can be sure that the TPIAs are talking about how to deal with these things. It just is going to take time.

There's a thousand different ways I could attack that statement but won't. Protecting Canadians against unwarrented search and seizure should be a top priority especially at the ISP level.

»excesscopyright.blogspot.ca/2013···isp.html

»jkoblovsky.wordpress.com/2013/01···nternet/

It's also a Charter right. The EU has quite strongly threatened their telecom industry and private sector with regulations regarding citizens privacy:

»jkoblovsky.wordpress.com/2013/02···nternet/

If it's going to continue not being a priority for ISPs, it may be rammed down the throat of those not on board. Glad Distibutel has directly stood up. If others don't follow, I would expect the feds to follow up with regulation in the future with possible severe penalties on those that do not take their customers privacy as a priority. My prediction anyway.

Lets set the priorities in digital policy before we look at how screwed the industry is because of regulations that had no consumer input. Privacy is a very big issue and priority especially for MEP's right now and soon for us as well. The CRTC in recent months has seemed to have changed, opening it's doors and advertising for public input. The other issues will be dealt with in the near future. Privacy is a federal issue. I would suspect law makers in Canada are looking very closely on what TSI does right now.
--
My Canadian Tech Podcast: »canadiantechnetwork.podbean.com/
My Self Help and Digital Policy Blog: »jkoblovsky.wordpress.com/

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Jason, this thread is not about the matter of the ongoing Voltage vs John Doe case.

Why have you chosen to derail this discussion with your own, albeit important, agenda?

jkoblovsky

Keswick, ON

said by sbrook:

Jason, this thread is not about the matter of the ongoing Voltage vs John Doe case.

Why have you chosen to derail this discussion with your own, albeit important, agenda?

Opps..misread the OP. I apologize. Not my intention to derail, however overstating the privacy issues attached to Voltage vs John Doe case, and importance of making privacy a priority for TPIA's should be welcomed in any thread.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Well, why then do we have thread titles or even threads at all? Let's just wade through the millions of posts It's why people appreciate staying at least somewhat on topic And it's not as if the privacy issue isn't being discussed.

jkoblovsky

Keswick, ON

said by sbrook:

Well, why then do we have thread titles or even threads at all? Let's just wade through the millions of posts It's why people appreciate staying at least somewhat on topic And it's not as if the privacy issue isn't being discussed.

You don't have to explain forum etiquette to me. I used to admin and mod several forums My mistake. I've got 50 million things on the go here. Thought I saw an opportunity to comment, and didn't read the OP properly. Too busy multi-tasking. Sorry
--