Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

1 edit
reply to Mele20

Thats very interesting Mele that the renamed file is now gone.... (Deleted??)

Hmmmmmmm i dont have an answer to that!!

Yes Dustyn: You wouldnt think it would come back! (Unless something is calling it like ON DEMAND files (Like with WMP it creates 3 dll files during use (You can delete the 3 files after its closed and on next launch of WMP it re-creates them)))

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to Mele20

Re: Cannot Stop Java Updater no matter what I do!

Click for full size
Java?

What Java?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4
reply to Dustyn

said by Dustyn:

. Have you never used WinPatrol prior to using Windows 8? That type of repetitive alert in WinPatrol is nothing new and has been present in nearly every version of WinPatrol I've ever used while under Windows XP and Windows 7.

No, I use Diamond CS's ProcessGuard on XP. It would not work on Vista (but only because the owner disappeared suddenly (and was never seen again) as they about had it updated to work on Vista). Since I could not use it on Vista, I had a variety of somewhat similar programs on it at different times. I had Vista ONLY on a virtual machine and haven't used that machine in more than a year. I did have WinPatrol on it for awhile and that is the ONLY time I have used WinPatrol. So, I wasn't familiar with repetitive alert in it. But after several alerts, WinPatrol automatically opened a page that explained why I was getting the repetitive alerts and how to fix the problem. The only thing was the fix does NOT work!
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson