uniqs
share rss forum feed

notech

join:2013-02-03
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Upset

Re: Other customers can see my infor

Hey Upset, I was finally able to test the Gen4 customer care system. I looked at the information displayed and saw that the credit card info displayed the last 4 digits of the card. Can you confirm that was the same in the screenshots you received from "Concerned"? Like "wkell' said there is still a lot of personal info that is displayed that a scam artist could use but it does reduce the severity of the exposure.

Tried to test registration using lower case SAN but could not replicate the problem. When you were registering did you check the box next to "have customer ID' and provide it or did you just enter your phone number and SAN? Did you use a Hughes email to register or another service such as Yahoo?

These test were using accounts that were already registered successfully so will not replicate a first time registration.

Also tried providing valid/invalid SAN with different valid/invalid phone numbers but got errors each time that stopped registration. Maybe Hughes has fixed the issue with lower case SAN.

Did you get any response from "Concered'?

Wish Hughes would provide more info so I don't have to spend time debugging this and we can rest easy. Still no replies on the community board over there.

Upset

@direcway.com

I got confirmation from 'Concerned' that they can NO long see our info. Thank goodness!
Also, you are correct, only the last four digits on CC info was displayed.
No I did not check the box, have customer ID during my re registration, and I used my hughes.net email account.
Maybe they did get the upper case only for SAN number fixed. I don't know.....but it was crazy that no one pointed that out to me the FIRST time I got the error. Should they all be well versed in knowing that is a common issue.
Thank you and have a blessed day!