spc
uniqs

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon

Re: Fibe TV Intallation Question

they will install the bell fibe internet first, which if you think about it for a second, uses the same wiring, the only thing they may need to do differently is go into your basement where the hydro panel is, and look for the telephone wires, usually its terminated to a punch down block, they will install some device there first, which is typically a pots splitter. Once thats done they will install the modem at your bedroom, which likely has a phone jack already there or close by. then to connect the fibe tv's they can use either ethernet or coax from the modem to the receivers, which is more options than rogers has to connect its set top boxes.

your probably worring over nothing, most of the wires is already inside your walls will be re-used, the rest is just additional to connect the boxes, so nah i dont think they will drill anything.
Curmudgeon
join:2012-04-09

Curmudgeon

@Paolo: The problem is that there are no telephone wires at the service panel. There are no exposed wires anywhere inside the house. Even if there was a wire near the panel, wouldn't the DSL output of the splitter need a dedicated line to the modem upstairs?
Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

@Dunlop: Where did he install the TV modem and how is it connected to your TV and computer?

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon
said by Curmudgeon:

@Paolo: The problem is that there are no telephone wires at the service panel. There are no exposed wires anywhere inside the house. Even if there was a wire near the panel, wouldn't the DSL output of the splitter need a dedicated line to the modem upstairs?

thats a misconception, Dedicated line is not needed, but a dedicated pair is, there are already pairs of wires in your house, they will simpyl use an unused one, so no new wires to be run
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon
said by Curmudgeon:

@Dunlop: Where did he install the TV modem and how is it connected to your TV and computer?

He just put it where I had my videotron modem, it's in a closet but I wanted to keep my own wireless router so I just turned off the Wifi on the Sagecom.

You can put the modem anyhere, you can install the Fibe receivers with network cabling (RJ45) if your house is already wired for it.

I purchased 2 powerline adaptors for $30 and have an receiver in my kitchen where it would have been impossible for me to run wires