dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery


how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Reach Out and Touch Someone
Little Rock, AR
reply to Tech007

Re: NID wiring question

Finally found a little info once I knew what it was called. A Corning Cable Systems Universal Line Module (ULM). I found some info on this site...»www.hometech.com/hts/products/wi···kit.html

I'm sure there is other info out there now that I know what to look for.

The USP(Universal Station Protector) is on the side of the NID that the customer does not have access to although you can see it. The wires run underneath the module(s) and not visible unless one is pulled. Looks like the customer can replace/pull the Universal Line Module but not the Universal Station Protector.

And according the the link above they also market/make a DSL/POTS splitter in the same module type. »www.hometech.com/hts/products/wi···dsl.html

If you're gonna use DSL/U-verse it pays to do it right! That is if you still got POTS service.