spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dks7
join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

dks7

voip.ms rate

Just signed up for voip.ms and currently am using the x-lite softphone until I can get an ATA and a phone. I am curious about the rates for calling. 0.0149 for calls in the usa. Exactly how much is that per second, or per minute? Also is the price of incoming calls on my DID the same price as outgoing calls?

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

The billing increment is 6 seconds for both inbound and outbound.
Outbound calls to USA are 1.05 cents/min, inbound calls depend on your area and plan. You can get the Monthly flat rate plan with unlimited inbound, or you can get the Per minute plan where you pay between 1 cent/min to 1.49 cent/min depending on the rate center (the inbound number you choose)

dks7
Omak, WA

dks7

i notice you said i can get unlimited inbound for a flat fee, do they also do this for outbound? and if so, how much and for how many minutes?

Sorry this voip stuff is brand new to me.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

VoIP.ms outbound is pay-per-minute only. If you are a very heavy phone user, you might consider "unlimited" plans such as offered by VOIPo, Phonepower, Callcentric, many others.

Or, look at the one of the "wholesale" providers that don't have big minimums, e.g. AlcazarNetworks, Voxbeam, FlowRoute .

dks7
Omak, WA

dks7

Thanks for the information. Also does anyone have any reccomendations on a super cheap cell phone model that will work with voip.ms using wifi?

I know a e71 will work per my research, but I would not mind an even cheaper model if possible.
Davefred99
join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99 to Stewart

to Stewart
I have a question related to this. I have looked at Voip.ms and it looks like the minimum upfront cost is $25 on account. Is this the same after the first time deposit or can you add lesser amounts after you first open the account. I am sure this has been asked and answered before but I cant fined it.

Gershom 1624
@optonline.net

Gershom 1624

Anon

said by Davefred99:

Is this the same after the first time deposit or can you add lesser amounts after you first open the account.

For Voip.MS, when adding funds to an existing account the minimum top-up is $ 25.

This applies whether by credit card or by Paypal.
Davefred99
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99

Thanks that is what I thought and why I would hesitate to use them. If I am not mistaken they add taxes to the purchase too so a $25 top up is more than just $25 too.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

GST/HST is charged only if you're Canadian.

Keep in mind that if you close your account, they'll refund the remaining balance.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

1 recommendation

MartinM to Davefred99

Premium Member

to Davefred99
said by Davefred99:

Thanks that is what I thought and why I would hesitate to use them. If I am not mistaken they add taxes to the purchase too so a $25 top up is more than just $25 too.

You pay taxes if you're in a location where the government forces you to do so. We're a legal company.

You're in California, you won't pay any.

$25 is the minimum top off. However, your balance NEVER expires. So complaininng about that is lik ethe guy who wants to put $5 of gas in his car. You'll have to stop to the gas station earlier.

We also refund remaining unused balance on request.

We also only charges on a 6 seconds billing icnrement, the other companies DON'T do that. They c harge you 60 seconds on a 3 seconds calls.

It's incredible how much disinformation is spread around. VoIP.ms been around since 2007, there are no catches or fine prints. We're the most transparent and flexible provider available when it comes to finances.
Davefred99
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99

Thanks Martin for setting me straight. I hold no personal issues with Voip.ms.
I have been guilty before of purchasing only $5 worth of gas. Sometimes you just need enough to get home till you get paid.
I only commented that it would make hesitate but not necessarily stop me from using voip.ms
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

said by Davefred99:

Thanks Martin for setting me straight. I hold no personal issues with Voip.ms.
I have been guilty before of purchasing only $5 worth of gas. Sometimes you just need enough to get home till you get paid.
I only commented that it would make hesitate but not necessarily stop me from using voip.ms

No offense intended fred, $25 is our minimum and we refund balance on request, and don't force anyone to a minimum usage per month. We also don't limit any of our features. You could be a business, using 50 subaccounts and our service as a PBX system, using $1 per month, and 10 months later ask to get a refund of your remaining $12 dollars. Try to get that with one of the "cheaper" providers. NOT gonna happen.

Besides, I think next monnth we'll match all inbound plans of Anveo has, minus all the crazy restrictions they have on features, just for fun.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline

Premium Member

said by MartinM :

Besides, I think next month we'll match all inbound plans of Anveo has, minus all the crazy restrictions they have on features, just for fun.

Cool. Count me in.
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to MartinM

to MartinM
Care to elaborate on what you mean by "match all inbound plans that Anveo has, minus all the crazy restrictions?

What are the crazy restrictions that you refer to?

I'm being totally sincere with these questions, so please don't think that I'm being a wise guy.

I'm trying to learn all that I can about the big three companies before I decide on one or two to go with on a permanent basis.

So, please expand a bit more....

Gershom 1624
@optonline.net

Gershom 1624 to MartinM

Anon

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Besides, I think next month we'll match all inbound plans of Anveo has, minus all the crazy restrictions they have on features, just for fun.

Martin, up near the top of this page, this question came up:
said by dks7:

i notice you said i can get unlimited inbound for a flat fee, do they also do this for outbound? and if so, how much and for how many minutes?

Many people are curious, does Voip.MS plan at any point to have flat-rate Outbound plans?

Thank you.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to Stewart

Mod

to Stewart

(topic move) voip.ms rate

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 3 followups to it), has been removed - too personal
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM to Gershom 1624

Premium Member

to Gershom 1624

Re: voip.ms rate

said by Gershom 1624 :

Many people are curious, does Voip.MS plan at any point to have flat-rate Outbound plans?

Thank you.

No problem,

VoIP.ms always has been per-minute on outbound with a "value" and "premium" route since 2007.

USA Value: 1.05 Cent
USA Premium: 1.25 Cent
Canada Value: .5 Cent
Canada Premium: 1.25

All these rates are on a 6 seconds billing increment. What that means? You call a number for 4 seconds, you get billed 6 seconds of a minute (1 tenth of the rate for each 6 seconds). Same goes for international rates. Our competitors don't match that on a per minute rate.

It's important to do the math, some people looking for flate rate find themselves saving money on a per minute basis. And that's how flat rates work, providers recuperate money with users not making full use of their flat rate plan.

For Inbound rates:

Per Minute Rate:
Canada/USA - 1 cent to 1.49 cents per minute depending on number
CANADIAN Toll-Free Numbers: 3.2 cents per minute, USA AND CANADA CALLERS
Toll Free USA: 2.9 cents per minute USA Callers, can be unlocked for Canadian Callers, higher rate applies for Canadian callers.

Flat Rates:
Canada $4.95 to 5.95 monthly depending on Rate Center
USA: $4.95 to 6.95 depending on rate center

If the incoming flat rate is making anyone reading this thread change their mind about their choice of provider, I will match the competitor rate for your DID Number. Just pass me your DID Number and I'll update the monthly fee in the database. valid for new number only, not a promotion, simply a courtesy for users of this forum reading this thread.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

1 edit

grand total

Click for full size
Comp.pdf
32,699 bytes
Just in case anybody wanted to accuse me of bias I have prepared a list of destinations where VoIP.ms is cheaper than Flowroute and Voxbeam.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo to dks7

Premium Member

to dks7
said by dks7:

Thanks for the information. Also does anyone have any reccomendations on a super cheap cell phone model that will work with voip.ms using wifi?

I know a e71 will work per my research, but I would not mind an even cheaper model if possible.

Most Android 2.1+ cell phones with WiFi work with CSipSimple.

Please be aware that it may require the use of "expert" settings in CSipSimple due to the varying interpretations/implementations by the cell phone manufacturers.

BTW - Android tablets can also be used, although it may require rooting.

said by MartinM:

said by Davefred99:

You pay taxes if you're in a location where the government forces you to do so. We're a legal company.

You're in California, you won't pay any.

No currency conversion (US to Canadian dollars) fee, either, so the total cost is $25 and it is all applied to your account.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 recommendation

anveo to MartinM

Premium Member

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Besides, I think next monnth we'll match all inbound plans of Anveo has, minus all the crazy restrictions they have on features, just for fun.

Reading your statement it looks like Voip.ms will match Anveo features like
* SMS support (SMS to Email, Email to SMS, SMS over SIP)
* FAX support (Email to FAX, FAX to Email, FAX to HTTP)
* Salesforce integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Zoho CRM integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Google Contacts integration
* Google Analytics integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Call Recorder with Amazon S3 integration
* Text to Speech in 16 languages
* E911 and SIP Status Alerts
* Voicemail to Text transcription in 2 languages
* and more and more and more

Looking forward to seeing them but I think it is NOT gonna happen.

dks7
Omak, WA

dks7

One thing I do like seeing is all the voip competition, this forces providers to be inovative, and create new features. So far voip.ms has been fine given the 48 hours or so I have used it.

I really want to use a cheap cell phone to use their service whenever I can access wifi. I do not use a phone a lot, but I like the idea of having a wifi style phone over an ata and a home style phone. I am currently scouring ebay and the likes to find a real cheap no frills phone that will work with their service. So far I am not sure what cheap models will support their offerings.

I like how voip.ms tries to pack their offerings with as many features as they can, and give the most they can for the money. It shows their not greedy, but want to offer people the best service they can.
MZB
join:2010-11-25
Dunrobin, ON

MZB

For what it's worth, an iPod Touch (4th Gen) with the Bria app also works quite well.

Especially when you remember that the microphone is on the back of the device, not the front
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
said by anveo:

said by MartinM:

Reading your statement it looks like Voip.ms will match Anveo features like
* SMS support (SMS to Email, Email to SMS, SMS over SIP)
* FAX support (Email to FAX, FAX to Email, FAX to HTTP)
* Salesforce integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Zoho CRM integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Google Contacts integration
* Google Analytics integration (Inbound and Outbound)
* Call Recorder with Amazon S3 integration
* Text to Speech in 16 languages
* E911 and SIP Status Alerts
* Voicemail to Text transcription in 2 languages
* and more and more and more

Looking forward to seeing them but I think it is NOT gonna happen.

I mentionned pricing, not features. (TITLE OF THIS THREAD: VOIPMS RATE)

There's a lot of this stuff we don't want to integrate. We have 911 alerts. Voicemail to text is good for a laugh. SMS and FAX, not a problem. Most people don't understand 3/4 of that stuff you just listed.

Also, you charge for everything.

The only reason I mentionned your name was because someone else said something about the price. Get off your high horse buddy

dks7
Omak, WA

dks7 to MZB

to MZB
hehe, ya but their about $150 on ebay, I think I can do a lot better, heck I can buy an android new phone from *puke* straighttalk for $80 with android that will work. I am hoping for some cheaper suggestions lol.
Davefred99
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99 to anveo

to anveo
I am an Anveo customer and do not use most of the listed features because while your baseline fees for basic use are very good most of the bells and whistle features require a higher subscription fee or add on fee.

The one big feature that sticks out to me is sub accounts. I refuse to pay $5 each or even $15 for five additional sub accounts. I also want more channels, not because I am a high use user but because I have multiple phone lines and do not want to pay extra just to use the same minutes I pay for anyways.

For the above listed reasons I am seriously considering voip.ms in spite of there higher minimum deposit & slightly hihger incoming call rates.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 edit

1 recommendation

Stewart to MartinM

to MartinM
Martin,

In this thread, the OP asked whether you offer a flat-rate outgoing plan. I don't post when all I can contribute is "no", so I mentioned several providers that do offer such plans. Of course, we both realize that none of them have a feature set as comprehensive as yours, and that "unlimited" plans always come with more restrictive terms of service. I didn't take the time to spell out the details, leaving the OP to check the sites if he was interested. Also, assuming that lower cost was the reason for the OP's query, some providers with lower US termination rates were also mentioned. Those VoSPs are "dumb pipes" with no features at all, but hey, you get what you pay for.

In the more general case, I often do recommend VoIP.ms (among others) when answering a query. A quick search turned up eight in the past six months: »Re: [Asterisk] Connect a landline to a laptop /w asterisk »Re: [Equipment] Excessive Line noise »Re: Idea's for call forwarding.. »Re: [General] Incall transfer to another number »Re: [Equipment] SPA 3102 and DTMF from a cellular ... ? »Re: Good place for international DID's with Channels? »Re: [General] Setting up a new home VoIP system »Re: [General] Looking for a VoIP solution with some requirements

However, VoIP.ms was usually not first on the list. Although you have a combination of price and features second to none, as well as a good reputation for voice quality and support, I have reservations about reliability. My general feeling is that it's fine for most residential systems, but inadequate for businesses, where the feature set would be most useful. You can rightfully say "You're not even my customer, how can you judge that?" Well, I read almost every post on this forum (and quite a few on others), and believe that my BS detector is pretty good, yet I have seen numerous credible complaints about this server or that.

On a positive note, I am aware that you have recently relocated, replaced and/or otherwise hardened several systems. So far, the results are very promising. Keep it up and you'll be moving to the top of my list

horacebork
Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

horacebork to Davefred99

Premium Member

to Davefred99

.. considering voip.ms in spite of there higher minimum deposit & slightly hihger incoming call rates.

from my perspective, the $ differences in most of these voip providers is relatively small. if your monthly overall is about $10 and differs by $1-2, it doesn't amount to much.

i just ported away from verizon at $70/month for *pots*. forget about asking them for a ring group or handling sms.. =) frankly, if verizon offered a $15/month line (after taxes) i probably would not have switched off pots. i actually got them down to $25/month .. but no voicemail, callerid, local calls only. meh. i'm gone.

the highest priority to me for *any* of these voip providers will be day-to-day reliability. i am a home user and the jury is still out from my standpoint. once the reliability is there, i might start niggling the price. until then, i'm happy to be spending 1/10th per month for phone service.
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

1 edit

amd64now to Davefred99

to Davefred99
said by Davefred99:

I am an Anveo customer and do not use most of the listed features because while your baseline fees for basic use are very good most of the bells and whistle features require a higher subscription fee or add on fee.

The one big feature that sticks out to me is sub accounts. I refuse to pay $5 each or even $15 for five additional sub accounts. I also want more channels, not because I am a high use user but because I have multiple phone lines and do not want to pay extra just to use the same minutes I pay for anyways.

For the above listed reasons I am seriously considering voip.ms in spite of there higher minimum deposit & slightly hihger incoming call rates.

I use some of the features listed. Fax to e-mail and recording of calls are nice features to have.

Everyone should compare all their costs with every provider they are thinking about using. For example, if you were to port a number now $24 dollars gets your number to Anveo with a year free of incomings. Just another .80 cents per month for E911 and you pay as you go low outbound rates.

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match. Ask if they will price match the E911 also!. If no deal, $3.95-4.95 inbound with $1.50 per month for E911.

Review both providers for where you call most with an estimate for your monthly outbound calls. Add the inbound and the features you require and you have your lowest cost provider in your situation.
Davefred99
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match. Ask if they will price match the E911 also!. If no deal, $3.95-4.95 inbound with $1.50 per month for E911.

Review both providers for where you call most with an estimate for your monthly outbound calls. Add the inbound and the features you require and you have your lowest cost provider in your situation.

Well,
I decided to go ahead and open an account with voip.ms and see for myself. I now have accounts with Anveo, Callcentri & Voip.ms.
I do not need all three but it is nice to have options.
One thing I can say is I am very impressed with the list of options and way they are presented on there website.
I have an asterisk machine running but am considering doing away with it as it is a nice toy but in no way necessary for my needs. I wanted to try Voip.ms mainly because of there unlimited sub account feature as it would cost more than I think it is worth on Anveo to add them if and when I shut down my Asterisk box.
I am not unhappy with Anveo service just there added fees and would most likely keep them for 2 numbers & the 2 included sub accounts. I keep Callcentric for 911 on one of my obi boxes that has google voice on it. I also like that with voip.ms e911 is optional if you already have it available from someone else.
ducalen
join:2008-10-23
Canada

ducalen to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Is there a firm date for this change or can we expect a news release on the website anytime soon? I ask because of the wording "I think".