spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mountlaurel

@comcast.net

[Wi-Fi] Wireless Router

What is the latest or most up to date wireless router to use with Comcast "Performance"? Currently using NETGEAR RangeMax™
Dual Band Wireless-N Router WNDR3300.

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
The hardware that interacts directly with your ISP is the modem and, if you use VoIP, an MTA. The router is part of your personal LAN, performs identically regardless of ISP used, and outside of the Comcast realm. Click "hey mods" in the lower right of your post and ask them to move this thread to the Wireless Networking Forum.

To your question:
The WNDR3300 is a fine, simultaneous bg + n router and you will get exactly zero benefit from changing to another 802.11n router. Stay with it until you upgrade to 802.11ac. Most household LAN environments & usages remain some distance away from ac being a worthy move.

If you are suffering poor reception in some parts of your space then post descriptions of problem areas, devices, relative location to router, and size/floors/wall materials of the building. It's an RF signal mitigation issue, not the router, per se.

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI
reply to mountlaurel
I just Upgraded to the Asus RT-AC66R Dual Band AC router myself.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
Personally I would hold off on AC routers. I have the RT-N66U and it's great. Offers great range.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com