uniqs
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

1 edit

S10driver35 to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf

X1 Billing with XF Complete Triple Play

So today I see I got my first billing statement since I upgraded to the Complete Triple Play package. Was shocked to see I was being billed separately for the X1 DVR and 2 additional HD boxes. Called customer service this morning and was told that because the X1 is not an anyroom DVR compatible box Xfinity is within their rights to charge me the additional $8.00 DVR service fee as well as $9.95 each for my two additional HD boxes. I even went as far as to read line by line what my package covers according to my bill with the representative (pointing out Anyroom DVR service or DVR service as well as up to 3 additional outlets) with no such luck. Emailed comcast_cares shortly thereafter and will see what I am told when they call.

Love the X1 but not sure if it's worth paying an extra $27.90 a month for.

*EDIT* So turns out that I will have to pay the extra $27.90 a month to keep the X1 service if I were to keep the Complete Triple Play bundle. Will now be looking at other Triple Play packages. Xfinity was nice enough to offer a $27.90 credit for this month's bill for the rep not explaining that the X1 is not eligible for inclusion in the Complete package.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

oh...my...god...

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to S10driver35

Premium Member

to S10driver35
S10-
Since I worked with the Escalations team to finally get my X1 box, I was informed of what you just went through - that since I was in an Anyroom Triple Play - I would have to pay an extra $20/mo for the X1 boxes.

I figure i'll buy 1 less bottle of vodka every month..LOL.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

S10-
Since I worked with the Escalations team to finally get my X1 box, I was informed of what you just went through - that since I was in an Anyroom Triple Play - I would have to pay an extra $20/mo for the X1 boxes.

Interesting, so Comcast's adverts criticizing DirecTV for its extra fees for their advanced DVR "The Genie" just became hypocritical... LOL. Oh well...
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

S10-

LOL Thanks for the insight Matt! Would have been nice to know about the extra charge ahead of time but I'm not going to give up the X1. Hopefully in a future update they will be able to activate anyroom functionality on the boxes.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

From what I read and posted on the X1 thread, there may be new X1 or X2 or X3 hardware that will bring anyroom functionality, and not the current X1 hardware that is out, I think.
Expand your moderator at work
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf

Re: X1 Billing with XF Complete Triple Play

said by Mike Wolf:

From what I read and posted on the X1 thread, there may be new X1 or X2 or X3 hardware that will bring anyroom functionality, and not the current X1 hardware that is out, I think.

We know for sure that it will have multi-room functionality via the IP client boxes called XI3. They may also update the X1 software to support more traditional cables boxes that are MoCA enabled too.
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

The one thing I miss with having the X1 box is being able to set a reminder to watch a program (which obviously I could just use the DVR to record).

Has anyone ever had the issue with setting a one-time recording where if you use the episode recording options to extend the start or end time by 1 or 2 minutes that the box doesn't accept the recording modification the first time? The last couple of times I've modified my recordings in this manner I've had to go back in and extend the time as for whatever reason the box doesn't take it on my first request.