uniqs

iRage
join:2010-06-01
Canada

1 edit

iRage to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus

Re: [Cable] Outage in London

Let's all blame an ISP for a truck smashing into a few lines and then cry that "I can't work from home and I'm losing so much money rawwwwwwwwwr! Me want credit so you give me monies for my lost time rabblerabblerabble!".
If having a constant connection is 100% vital in keeping your finances coming in working from home, you need to implement some redundancy and get a dry loop DSL connection as a backup. Or tether your cellphone/hotspot that shit up. If you're not willing to go the extra mile in securing your connection then STFU and eat your loss because it's YOUR fault for not thinking ahead. Not TekSavvy, not Rogers, YOURS.

We're talking about the internet. It WILL go down at some point in your busy little life and this WILL happen again, no matter who the hell your ISP is. So go ahead and cancel TekSavvy, Rogers etc over this and future outages. It won't make a bit of difference to them.

Anyway, I'm back up in London as well. I had kids bitching at me about it. Next time I'll come complain that my kids are bitching so then maybe the internet will come back faster.
Arcturus
join:2008-04-18
London, ON

Arcturus

Not to mention I mean really, is it worth THAT much of your time to get your f'n 1 dollars in credit back?!?

Seriously? It is 1 dollar, maybe a buck fifty.
walile
join:2013-02-10

1 edit

walile to iRage

to iRage
said by iRage:

Let's all blame an ISP for a truck smashing into a few lines and then cry that "I can't work from home and I'm losing so much money rawwwwwwwwwr! Me want credit so you give me monies for my lost time rabblerabblerabble!".
If having a constant connection is 100% vital in keeping your finances coming in working from home, you need to implement some redundancy and get a dry loop DSL connection as a backup. Or tether your cellphone/hotspot that shit up. If you're not willing to go the extra mile in securing your connection then STFU and eat your loss because it's YOUR fault for not thinking ahead. Not TekSavvy, not Rogers, YOURS.

We're talking about the internet. It WILL go down at some point in your busy little life and this WILL happen again, no matter who the hell your ISP is. So go ahead and cancel TekSavvy, Rogers etc over this and future outages. It won't make a bit of difference to them.

Anyway, I'm back up in London as well. I had kids bitching at me about it. Next time I'll come complain that my kids are bitching so then maybe the internet will come back faster.

IMHO, this is a classic post from a fanboy. A rather pathetic response that total missed the point and failed to realized the context.

I suffered from multiple service interruption in the the last month. Did a truck smashed a few lines back then as well?

If I am not getting the product and service that I paid for, yes I expect my money back or some sort of arrangements to be made. Quite bluntly that this is Canada, not some third world country.
walile

1 edit

walile to Arcturus

to Arcturus
said by Arcturus:

Not to mention I mean really, is it worth THAT much of your time to get your f'n 1 dollars in credit back?!?

Seriously? It is 1 dollar, maybe a buck fifty.

First of all, it is a matter of principle. I do agree that you have to pick your battles, therefore I don't even bother to call tech support anymore. It honestly is a waste of my time.

Also, it is worth more than a dollar. I pay $840 a year, that is $2.30 per day. I suffered from extended service interruption at least three times in the last 30 days or so. There were more in the paste.

Quite frankly my drink at Starbucks cost way more than that. But at least when Acanac gave me credit for the downtime, I feel respected as a customer. When TekSavvy denied to refund me for services that I paid for and not rendered, I find that despicable. Especially if they are doing it to thousands of customer at the same time.

Now, I have been contacted by a TekSavvy Rep, he said that he will look into the situation for me. I hope a happy resolution can be reached.

Again to the fanboys, defending TekSavvy is not gonna help attract new customers or make existing frustrated customers stay. IMHO, what you guys are doing is a disservice to TekSavvy.

I am new to the forum and I actually wondered if some of the apologist of TekSavvy are paid by the competitors to make TekSavvy look bad. Certainly no business savvy individual with a financial interest in TekSavvy would be posting these kinda comments.

I do applaud TekSavvy for their responses here.
chrisl83
join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

chrisl83 to walile

to walile
No... he's right. IF you work from home have cable and DSL. Preferably from two different carriers. Common sense.

I hope you enjoy your $2 back, enjoy that 6 pack of timbits.
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

said by chrisl83:

No... he's right. IF you work from home have cable and DSL. Preferably from two different carriers. Common sense.

I hope you enjoy your $2 back, enjoy that 6 pack of timbits.

Exactly... Because those services are heavily dependant on the internet in order to conduct business, I have a back-up method that can be used to establish a PPPoE link through Bell when Rogers goes down. I realize that this may be paying two providers for the same service essentially, which may be seen as double-billing, but in reality, when it comes down to business, the potential costs in loss of business caused by a server outage far exceed that of what the second connection costs. In the end, it's more economically sound to just keep the 2nd connection on the back burner for just such situations.