Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mythology
Premium
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC
reply to cdru

Re: Ecommerce options for small business.

We are just looking to upgrade the store front and integrate with CPSQL. At our current rate of sales I dont think the 2% is a big deal. If and when sales recover from this economic down turn the 2% of sales would be huge and not justify the cost of the platform.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
said by mythology:

If and when sales recover from this economic down turn the 2% of sales would be huge and not justify the cost of the platform.

And how much is a solution that doesn't integrate with your backend worth? Or more specifically, how much is having to do all the work manually or some rube goldberg process because your front end and back ends don't integrate?

I'm not trying to convince you one way or another. Only you know what your sales volumes are, what your budget is, etc. But I've integrated several shopping carts with back ends. It can be a real PITA if there isn't compatibility between the different ends of the system. Even though it was economically in my best interest as the developer to do all the work integrating the two, I would have given anything to not have to jump through all the hoops I had to.

mythology
Premium
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC
Pretty sure we are going with MagentoGO. 3rd party apps exist to automate the importing/exporting. If we dont decide on one of them we can just modify the sql csv files manually or have a local come in and create a custom script.

Ive been watching alot of Magento videos. My boss is handling the server side of things. I'll be doing the front end, graphics, layout and what you actually see. Looks like I'll be paid to learn some php in the process. Getting a raise out of the ordeal and things are looking up. Got a opportunity to learn a wipespread platform and hopefully get my employer up to par with the competition. Going to look good on my resume.