Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kerriskandie

join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY

[rant] Itunes/New computers/Old ones crapped out.......sigh

Dear Frank,

Thank you for contacting the iTunes Store Support. My name is Anthony and I’m glad to assist you today.

I have just read your email and I understand that you would like the computers authorized for your account "kerriskandiesinc" deauthorized again because you have new computers that you need authorized as well. I know how important it is for you to get this issue resolved, so I'm glad to look into this for you.

Frank, I checked your account and noticed that we have performed this service on several occasions for you. In our replies to you it was explained that Apple generally does not perform this service, although we were able to make exceptions because of your circumstances. It was also mentioned that this service may not be available indefinitely.

Due to the number of exceptions we have made for you already, we will not be able to perform this service for you again. You will still be able deauthorize all of your computers once a year by clicking the Deauthorize All button on the Edit Account Information screen in iTunes. This button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 computers authorized, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months.

I hope you continue to enjoy using the iTunes Store. We value you as a customer, and I hope I was able to address your concern for today. Thank you for being a valuable part of the iTunes community. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Anthony
iTunes Store Customer Support

Shouldn't be this way.......just shouldn't.......
Old MacBook crapped out....replaced.....

Old MacMini replaced with New 2012 MacMini........thousands spent at Apple...............and we are disallowed from what I wrongly assumed was bought and paid for content........

If I buy a Mercedes.......I cannot run it on more than a few roads???..............even if I lease it, I am not limited to 5(hundred) roads........................

Just shouldn't be this way......................................

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Just wondering how many times they have made this exception for you?

You may want to do this a different way until you can re-authorize again.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

kerriskandie

Coram, NY
reply to kerriskandie

I'll be honest......due to either buying a new Mac......or being 'forced' to replace one due to 'crapping out.......though I think in one case it was merely a new 'cloned' Hard Drive, Apple have done this more than once for me, in the last twelve months.......

Whilst that was 'very accommodating' of them, it doesn't help me in my present predicament.......what If I simply replaced 'old Macs' more frequently than every 12 months???...........and more to the point...of my 'rant'...it shouldn't be this way..................

I guess if I can't 'persuade them'/strongarm them' then I am stuck for a whole 12 months!!!!!......

I'll just have to resort to 'other download options'............

just feel like I am almost being 'forced' to become a 'criminal'!!!!!!!!

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to kerriskandie

Why not tell them your shitty apple computer died and it's their fault...not just you being a pain.

iTunes Customer Support is horrid.

kerriskandie

Coram, NY
reply to kerriskandie

Seems I have to eat my words.........
Once again, the 'New Apple' seems as good as the 'Old Apple'..

Suitably admonished!!!

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to kerriskandie

said by kerriskandie:

Whilst that was 'very accommodating' of them, it doesn't help me in my present predicament.......what If I simply replaced 'old Macs' more frequently than every 12 months???...........and more to the point...of my 'rant'...it shouldn't be this way..................

I guess if I can't 'persuade them'/strongarm them' then I am stuck for a whole 12 months!!!!!.....

You can authorize up to 5 computers at a time so the possibility that they'll all crap out on you, in less than a year, seems unlikely. Even so, you can just go to your iTMS account and deauthorize them yourself. I'm on my 8th or 9th Mac and have done this several times without a hitch.

kerriskandie

Coram, NY
reply to kerriskandie

But....

If you are unlucky enough to have not one but 2 'crap out'........

and lucky enough to replace a Mini with a 2012.........and you have already authorized 5 computers......and 'de authorized all 5 (twice) in a year.......then the 'de authorize' all computers option is NOT available again.....unless reset by Apple........

which they just did.....

again........

kudos Apple........

kerriskandie

Coram, NY
reply to kerriskandie

Hi Frank,

This is Anthony again from the iTunes Store Support and I hope you are having a great day despite the issue at hand.

I'm sorry to learn your disappointment with the type of experience you have had so far. I would like to extend my sincere apology for the miscommunication in my previous email.

As it turns out, after sending a follow up request to deauthorize all your computers, I'm glad to inform you that your request has been approved.

As you requested, I manually deauthorized all computers to play music you purchased from the iTunes Store. You may now authorize the computers that you intend to play your purchases on.

Please note that, for security reasons, Apple generally does not perform this service. However, I have made an exception for this case. This service may not be available indefinitely. If you plan to repair, upgrade, sell, or stop using a computer in the future, be sure to deauthorize it before you no longer have access to it.

For information on how to deauthorize a computer, please consult the following article:

Apple.....thank you..........

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
reply to kerriskandie

I'm still lost ...

kerriskandie

Coram, NY

lol