ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 220.127.116.11.342 »www.asus.com/Networking/RTN56U/
Importantly, this release says it addresses the UPNP exploits that have been in the spotlight recently, see »community.rapid7.com/community/i···ont-play
- Potential security issue from UPnP overflow
- Some wireless time control and parental control issues.
- 3G/4G USB modem card setting in quick internet setup wizard
- Add delete button in upload file page.
- Fixed share link management bugs.
- Fixed file and folder rename bugs.
One would have to download the full source of 18.104.22.168.342, ~400MB, which they haven't posted yet, or decompose the firmware, or penetration test it, to find out what libraries they updated and verify if the vulnerabilities were fixed.
I would keep it simpler and just urge everyone not to run UPNP.
Scott Brown Consulting