spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SpAnubis

@verizon.net
reply to wayjac

Re: DSL/Router-Modem connectivity issues.

Apologies for the late reply. I conducted more research on the Actiontec router, there's no on demand release for the public ip address. There's a timed release in seconds, however it will not release and renew the public ip address. No idea, why this specific router/modem doesn't have a release. I can turn off the DHCP, wait for 12 to 24 hours, see if that will release the MAC. By the way, I noticed while the TP-link router/modem is connect, it is sending and receiving packets. I suspect it is a phone-line issue, going to contact verizon and see if a tech will come out give the lines a look.

PS: There's no internet access when the TP-link router/modem is active and plugged in, so attempting the verizon dsl website wont work.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by SpAnubis :

I conducted more research on the Actiontec router, there's no on demand release for the public ip address.

The manual shows a on demand connect/disconnect button for the public ip address

said by SpAnubis :

There's a timed release in seconds, however it will not release and renew the public ip address.

This timed release is for the lan dhcp server only.
The modem has a lan dhcp server and a wan dhcp client.

SpAnubis

@verizon.net

Surprised, I overlooked this! Thank you for all your help. I disconnected the public ip address from the Actiontec router, and connected the TP-Link, following instructions their tech support offered. The TP-Link is working, I'm able to connect via lan and wireless with internet connectivity. The connection isn't dropping, so all good for now.

I did notice the TP-link TD-W8960N doesn't have a on-demand release button within the web gui, just wanted to cover all my bases. In the instance, I had to disconnect the public IP address through the TP-link.

Thank you for all your help! It was much appreicated.