All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Weather Channel Local on the 8's HD

Does anyone know why this does not work. I get National Weather and not local weather. Also does anyone know the Local ID # for Queens NY, near LaGuardia Airport. I know Cabelvision has Local on the 8's in HD. Anyone else have this issue.
It's beem like this for a few years now.
Thanks

ericn32
meh
Premium
join:2009-09-23
Costa Mesa, CA

I don't think they're very keen on the expense of buying new IntelliStar HD units for every cable system. From their standpoint, they don't expect any significant gains in viewership, or ability to monetize the content.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by ericn32:

I don't think they're very keen on the expense of buying new IntelliStar HD units for every cable system. From their standpoint, they don't expect any significant gains in viewership, or ability to monetize the content.

hmm? My division has the intellistar HD units on the HD channel in North Texas through TWC. There are about 4-5 IS2 units in use in North Texas.

I think his IS2 unit might have gone out and it has not been reported.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to ericn32

TWC does have intellistar 2 units and there are several in the North Texas market so I would assume that NYC would have them too. I think maybe the unit in NYC is out for repair or has not been reported as being offline.

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

What is strange is up until 6 months ago the Insight system here where I live had the HD local on the 8's working and then when TWC took control of the system it disappeared shortly after.