share rss forum feed

HD_Ride
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Jerseyastan
reply to birdfeedr

Re: [Northeast] Bad Weather, Bad E-mail---Again

said by birdfeedr:

Have you changed your server settings? The old incoming.verizon.net can be changed to pop.verizon.net, and the old outgoing.verizon.net can be changed to smtp.verizon.net

Otherwise use the same ports and security settings.

»email server changes

thanks for the heads-up, I didn't receive the notice yet but just did the change. IIRC aren't those the previous entries? Anyway a little faster now but I don't expect that to last after everyone else is moved..

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by HD_Ride:

IIRC aren't those the previous entries?

I think they were, way back around 2003 or 4 when I had DSL. I switched to speakeasy for a couple of years, then went to FiOS in 2006 when it was available. Don't remember when they changed to incoming and outgoing. Now they're back to pop and smtp.

HD_Ride
Premium
join:2000-10-18
Jerseyastan

said by birdfeedr:

said by HD_Ride:

IIRC aren't those the previous entries?

I think they were, way back around 2003 or 4 when I had DSL. I switched to speakeasy for a couple of years, then went to FiOS in 2006 when it was available. Don't remember when they changed to incoming and outgoing. Now they're back to pop and smtp.

Yes, we were VZ DSL customers as well. Then in 2006 we upgraded and FIOS and we didn't have to do anything with the email (or account settings), that part was a seamless transition, wish I could say the same for billing.....

I just changed her settings and she does see the difference. I hope it holds up, as you downloading two or three 1 - 2MB attachments via email has been brutal recently, anything bigger go get a cup of coffee and come back and it might be done. Thanks again