uniqs

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Censorship and Cancelation Issues.

There has been five people that have posted on the Official Hughes "Support" website with problems tying to cancel the SERVICE.

There was a number of less than flattering responses.

The main Deleter who goes by the screen name of Sara showed up on Sunday and started the old censorship routine.

Here is one of the rescued forked/closed/deleted.
What are these people to do ?

Rhonda Brewster 4 days ago
How do I cancel my service????? I can't reach a live person.

How do I contact the Accounts Management department? I'm trying to cancel my service, and I've gotten cut off 6 times today. You make it easy to sign up, but not so easy to get out of it. We haven't even had our service a month, and it's just not working for us. I was lied to by your salesperson about the bandwidth we would receive, and I can't even use my credit card machine. Plus, it took 3 weeks to get the equipment to install it, and then it took 2 weeks to get your tech support to help us get it partially up and running. They wouldn't work with us on our schedule, and they expected us to be available 24/7 for when they decided to call us. One of your techs even told me that we weren't the only customers. I'm just done with this. It was a mistake, and I want out of it. (Case #34734703)

They don't answer the phone.
They don't answer Chat.
They delete requests from the online forum.

If you want insight as to doing business with Hughes, go over and view the sites change log.
wkell
join:2013-02-06

1 edit

wkell

This is most recent post of my topic after its been deleted 3 times tonight asking for help for these customers... This will again be deleted.. All from the Executive Customer Care Manager at Hughes in the corperate office..

Canceling Servie and no one able to reach anyone on phone

Sara, You mentioned to Suzie to call customer service but there are 5 customers that havent been able to reach anyone in a week... Why will you not address them yourself... They CANT get a case number if they cannot reach anyone... Ive tried many times myself recently and waited over an hour each time with nothing.. One time 3 hours and nothing....

AGAIN... This deserves an answer.......Im standing up for your frustrated customers, Im NOT Trolling.. Just trying to help 5 people...

Why are legitimate questions about canceling the service getting moved into a closed topic with NO RESOLOUTION or ANSWERS to thier questions pleading for help.. These customers have tried every avenue and HUGHES is IGNORING them...What is hughes trying to hide.. maybe the complete lack of CUSTOMER SERVICE... Hughes... Your customers DO NOT deserve this kind of treatment from Hughes Executive Customer Care which is who controls this board and MODERATES it... Sooooo.. I ask again as nothing in this post VIOLATES THE COMMUNITY GUIDLINES as you stated as a reason for the same exact question was DELETED... I believe the 5 customers with this problem that have been begging for help have a right to an explanation from hughes... some have been asking for a week now...

Here are you customers, You already deleted 2 tonight,,, Rhonda even has case number listed... You deleted my comment with contact information right off the internet from official sites and yet still left no response to her... WHY.... Im a nice helpful person but do get aggrivated and mad when I see people treated this way..

Sharnel - Deleted

Rhonda Brewster 4 days ago
How do I cancel my service????? I can't reach a live person.

How do I contact the Accounts Management department? I'm trying to cancel my service, and I've gotten cut off 6 times today. You make it easy to sign up, but not so easy to get out of it. We haven't even had our service a month, and it's just not working for us. I was lied to by your salesperson about the bandwidth we would receive, and I can't even use my credit card machine. Plus, it took 3 weeks to get the equipment to install it, and then it took 2 weeks to get your tech support to help us get it partially up and running. They wouldn't work with us on our schedule, and they expected us to be available 24/7 for when they decided to call us. One of your techs even told me that we weren't the only customers. I'm just done with this. It was a mistake, and I want out of it. (Case #34734703)

Barbara Polley 1 day ago

canceling the hughesnet service

I have tryed to cancel the service i have only had it 8 days and hate it. I can not get to a person to cancel. I sent e-mail to main office no reply. CSR let me play phone tag. Any suggestions.

Myrna Guerra

I want to cancel my account now!!!! no one will answer the calls. I have been trying to do this for the past 72 hours. can not get help. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee cancel thus account now. Myrna Guerra
wkell

wkell to gwalk

to gwalk
Just found a older post from Sharnel ...

Sharnel Frieden 5 days ago

Trouble canceling service

After the initial contact and being told that they have to transfer me to another department, I get put on hold for well over 70 minutes. All I wanted is to cancel service. Gee, I wonder why nobody ever came on the phone line. Don't think they can be that busy or if they are, maybe should hire more people.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

I am unable to get into the Hughes.Net community forum since I can't access secure websites (for 20 days now), but if I could, I would tell all the people trying to cancel to first contact their Credit Card company and block Hughes.Net from debiting their accounts. I contacted my CC company this morning and had them block Hughes.Net. I see cancellation in the near future if my problem is not fixed soon.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

A post of mine from there:

My experience with Hughes Edit Subject
Not wishing to risk Sara deleting the entire topic of " Other Hughes Customers" I will post a new topic.

As I have posted comments Sara has tossed in the standard "If you have...."

So Sara, why am I so cynical ? Read on. This was a reply I posted elsewhere but it fits here:

I guess this has turned into a crusade with me because of a past "billing issue"

Way Back When, they came out with the latest and greatest HN7000s modem

Well I bit the apple and ordered one up, and while I was at it, why not "upgrade" my plan from "Basic", to "Pro".
Well after I talked to "Rafsenjonie" or whom ever after the broken english I found out the hard way that good ole "Raf" put me on "Pro Plus" rather than "Pro"
So..... my monthly bill went up $20 instead of $10.

Now you see where it got "Good" was in the fact that I was was paid up at the time of the "Upgrade"
So when it was all "done" (about 2 min.) into the "upgrade", I needed to pay them AGAIN !!!!

Of course repeated calls to "Raff" and his brother and sisters got me no where.....whodathunkit.

At last I found this forum, I learned of the existence of ECC.

I mean COME ON ! I now have to pay HUGHES 2 times per month ?

I took some time and got my docs & dates all in a row and called ECC.

It finally got straight, but......

The debit to my checking caused.......problems
The $20 per month increase instead of the planned $10 caused.....problems.

In the end, I kept the $20 increase rather than risk..maybe getting bumped to the $125 per month plan.

Those "pesky" language problems you know !

I also took that "Golden Shower " opportunity to stay 1 entire month ahead of my Hughesne bill.

I also changed out all financial data Hughes had on me.

I pay, one month early, every month by e-check...one time payment.

IF THAT UNETHICAL 3rd world "Company" ever tries to take any funds from my account I will spend my very last $ to put this "company" in the place it belongs.

I give them the respect that they have worked SOOOO hard to earn.

When I see these people doing stuff like they are doing to the OP it just makes my blood boil...

Moral of this story:

Hughesnet in terms of responsibility is like a child. You may love your child dearly but you can't hand them your wallet and not expect them to mess up.