join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

Click for full size
said by 19579823:

What if you simply remove it from your startup entries Mele after it sets itself there??

Either that or delete jusched.exe (I dont think that file is used for anything but checking for updates so it should work w/o it -- Change the filename (jusched1.exe for example) and see if Java still works ok..)

Good luck

Microsoft in its "wisdom" has made it quite difficult to find the Startup folder in Win 8. This irritation started, I think, with Vista and, coming from XP where the Startup folder is RIGHT THERE WHERE IT SHOULD BE in Start/Programs, it was terribly confusing when I got this computer and one of the VERY FIRST things I needed to do was place the Proxomitron in the Startup folder...which I could not find. I had to Google and read an article from some geek site about how to find this folder in Win 8. I still can't believe Microsoft would go so badly backwards in useability! Why hide the Startup folder? It was so easy on XP to drag and drop a program into the Startup folder since it was right there in Start/Programs. Now you have to first find the damn thing and then it is not as quick and simple to add to it once you find it buried away.

Anyway, I guess Microsoft buried it partly because MOST STARTUP PROGRAMS are not in it in Win 8.

I had already renamed jsched.exe last night. Win Patrol kept saying that Java update wanted to add itself to the Startup Program list. I have rebooted this computer a number of times since I renamed that file (I was cleaning up the huge amount of stuff running at Start that should NEVER run at Start and other programs that I don't want running at all) and today I see the renamed jsched.exe is GONE from both 32 bit and 64 bit Java files! Why would it disappear ...just because it was renamed? Because I also modified the registry key? I'm just curious.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

19579823 (banned)

Thats very interesting Mele that the renamed file is now gone.... (Deleted??)

Hmmmmmmm i dont have an answer to that!!

Yes Dustyn: You wouldnt think it would come back! (Unless something is calling it like ON DEMAND files (Like with WMP it creates 3 dll files during use (You can delete the 3 files after its closed and on next launch of WMP it re-creates them)))