uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to BK3

Re: Exterior lighting issues - '99 Pontiac Bonneville

Canadian cars are made that the headlights come on when you start the car--regardless if it's day or night. You can test that theory by applying the parking brake while the car is running. The "daytime driving lights" should turn off.

BK3

join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
said by Rifleman:

Canadian cars are made that the headlights come on when you start the car--regardless if it's day or night. You can test that theory by applying the parking brake while the car is running. The "daytime driving lights" should turn off.

I do not believe it is a Canadian car, or least not made for the Canadian market.

The headlights do not turn off ever if the car is running or if the key is in the "on" or "run"position, regardless of the position / setting of anything else. They do not even shut off when the car is cranking to start. They are always at full brightness, not at a DRL level. Having the key in any other position (Off, Lock, Acc) and the lights are off.
--
Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
A lot of US cars have this as well, My 1999 Camaro uses the Turn signals as the DRLs.

Look at you Tail lights and Parking lights they will not be on.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to BK3
That's the way my wife's 2005 Volvo worked. If the engine was running, all the lights were on. That included the headlights, taillights, and marker lights.

It annoyed the hell out of me, because it meant the bulbs would burn out sooner.

BK3

join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to Napsterbater
said by Napsterbater:

A lot of US cars have this as well, My 1999 Camaro uses the Turn signals as the DRLs.

Look at you Tail lights and Parking lights they will not be on.

I did check the tail and parking lights, and they ARE on. Just as if you had turned the headlight switch on the dash on.
--
Gun control is being able to hit your target.