Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to JoelC707

Re: Laptop, who here has knowledge and experience?

For 1100 this MSI is a great sounding machine. Fast GPU-----the only drawback to me is the CPU
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···34152372

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

1 recommendation

I came across that one too. It's more than I want to spend but it sure is nice. I too was a little apprehensive about the CPU but that GPU sure is sexy looking

MSI is a good one for sure and would be good to do games and other GPU intensive tasks on. I do have a desktop that I do that on though. My laptop is more for general computing when I'm not near my desktop (in the living room, laying in bed, etc). Thing is, my current laptop is capable for my current needs, but it is a bit long in the tooth. Of course if I HAD a laptop I could game from I might use it for that but I don't NEED something like that. I'm torn basically lol.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to Rifleman
Here's some info and testing on that laptop. Definitely an interesting model.
--
KI6RIT

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
I had an older MSI GT780DX and it was an amazing laptop. The sound was very loud---to the point people in other rooms told me to turn it down. Gaming and running BOINC flat out never stressed the cooling past 75 degrees.
The GT and GE 70,60 models are lots of machine for the money. I had to sell mine as I needed cash and am sorry I did.
I thought I saw that laptop configured with the Ivy bridge I7 3630? listed on Newegg for 50 dollars more.