how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ryan818

join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR
reply to 15444104

Re: [Speed Issues] Grants Pass, OR still getting slow speeds....

I am on the standard rate 30/4 plan which is $49.99 with no modem rental fee. I have been on the same plan now for over a year and not under and promotion etc. I am pretty sure that I was told the $49.99 is the standard rate for our region. Not sure if this varies per state etc.

@KoRnGtL15
The last CSR I spoke to said there were no issues with using a customer supplied modem on my current plan. Also I just got a call from Charter corporate and they are going to be sending a crew out to investigate the nightly slow downs and try to isolate the problem. The BBB complain actually worked for me.

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI
reply to 15444104
said by 15444104:

@KoRnGtL15:

I don't know why they are telling you that you pay a Charter supplied modem rental fee, since their blanket nationwide policy now is that your price for 30/4 comes with the Charter supplied modem at
NO CHARGE TO YOU. You are being LIED to. Call back and ask to talk to corporate.

IF one is under the new pricing/packaging.

Ryan818

Medford, OR

1 edit
Well my new SB6141 is up and running. I didn't have any issues with Charter on getting everything setup and added to my account. I was under the current pricing and packaging for 30/4 as mentioned above. It is good to be back up and running with my own modem again. The Charter modem goes back on Monday.

I also got a call from a local technician who said they are upgrading the node with new equipment in the next two weeks that should eliminate the congestion at night. Real progress on my end for once.

Here are my current speeds. »speedtest.ookla.com/result/21406 ··· 1970.png

Speeds at 8:30PM not too bad: »speedtest.ookla.com/result/21408 ··· 8844.png

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
Have they updated the firmware for you yet? I still have not got it and mine has been up for a day and 10hrs. I have 1.0.6.8 and Charter is using 1.0.6.6

Ryan818

Medford, OR
Yes I am still on 1.0.6.8 as of this morning.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
Still on the same version and mine has been up for a few days now.

Ryan818

Medford, OR
Still on the same version too. I did have one timeout on Sunday that rebooted the modem. I thought it was a firmware push but wasn't.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Did the new modem resolve your late night speeds?
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonk ··· amonkey/

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
Nope. I don't see why it would have either atm. It still has not been fixed. And I only bought it for the upcoming 8 channel downstream bonding. My previous Ubee U10C035 only done 4.

said by cork1958:

said by KoRnGtL15:

Did the new modem resolve your late night speeds?

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to KoRnGtL15
Part has arrived and it is being worked on as we speak. No ETA but very very soon I was told.

Ryan818

Medford, OR
Good luck. I hope it resolves the slow speed issues. I have been told the part for my node is going to be here in about 2 weeks. But given Charter's estimates I figure maybe 2 months. I am getting a 50% credit on my bill for the next three months so I am happy in that regard.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

2 edits
Did you get a firmware push yet for the SB6141? Still nothing here and starting to think they wont be pushing it. Since I did not get it through Charter directly. Even though it is the same one they are handing out. I reached out on Twitter. They gave me the support number and told me they can check firmware updates. When I called. I was told only Motorola can provide firmware updates and Charter has nothing to do with it. What a boner. He even re provisioned the thing and said I was good to go. When I checked if the firmware had been pushed. Which it was not. I explained I was not good to go and we are back to square one. Then going on about how I did not get the modem directly from Charter blah blah. Had no other choice to resort to the tech. that has been helping me lately. I did not want to bother him but at this point. Sounds like he is my only hope. How much I miss Charter direct. This would have been taken care of in less then 24hrs.

Ryan818

Medford, OR
Still no push for me at this time. I also have not heard anything regarding the upgrades to my node. I still have a BBB complain out against Charter as the problem with slow speeds at night continues to drag on. I may try to call the corporate contact number I have again tomorrow and see if anything has been ordered as they promised. I am beginning to think Charter is a real waste of time and money on my end. I am willing to wait it out, but the question becomes how long can I accept the unusable speeds during prime time hours.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to KoRnGtL15
You DO NOT get firmware updates from the modem manufacturer, which I know you know! That was just another tech saying anything to get you off the phone!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonk ··· amonkey/

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR

1 edit
Yep. I just laughed inside how misinformed these reps are. People know more on how Charter works with in this board then the actual workers.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to Ryan818
I am pretty sure the firmware will eventually come through automatically. Apparently that is how it works. In sweeps and some how their system will trigger a firmware update. Will just have to wait and see as I am getting no where with help regarding it. I will let you know when I get updated. If you get it before me. Post up if you can remember.

Ryan818

Medford, OR
I will let you know if it gets pushed to me. So far I have not seen a change in the firmware version since I provisioned the modem. I got a call from Charter corporate and she told me that they have worked on my node and all should be resolved. I guess the joke is on me as I just ran this speed test a few minutes ago and am seeing less than 10% of my advertised speeds for downloads. I think things have gotten worse and not better, as I used to get full speeds up until about 7:30. At this rate my connection should be like dial up by peak hours. I am convinced Charter sucks and they just don't care about the customer's needs anymore. I really don't have much of an option for internet given DSL is slow and Centurylink is ranked lower than Charter in most surveys.

»speedtest.ookla.com/result/21567 ··· 8628.png

Then I run it about 10 minutes later and it is back to normal. Something just isn't right.

»speedtest.ookla.com/result/21567 ··· 5779.png