Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to obeythelaw

Re: iphone 6?

said by obeythelaw:

I've really determined that i'm not enjoying my android galaxy s3. i've had it for almost a year. i am tempted to sell my galaxy s3. however, didn't want to ditch it in favor of the iphone 5 if the iphone 6 is right around the corner. anyone know if there are rumors of a 6 out there for this year? or are we looking at a 5s?

as others have said - rumors are rumors - especially with Apple...

Look at facts:

1) Apple has a fairly well set release history. Expect to see a new phone introduced end of summer - based on Apple history
2) Why would they change their product line (cheapen it with a cheap phone). It would not fit their history
3) From history - Apple tends to get the most for their R&D bucks - they keep same basic physical design for multiple years to reduce long term production costs. Dont expect big changes this cycle in hardware BUT with the moves around software - I would look to changes on the IOS side.

Bottom line - you cant go wrong buying an IP5. You can always sell it and most likely get the same or more than you paid for it.

Do it before 6.1.1 is shipped
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
said by dellsweig:

...2) Why would they change their product line (cheapen it with a cheap phone)...

Otherwise, they'd be ignoring hundreds of millions potential customers (mosty outside the US, etc.)

for example...
It is estimated that India's Per Capita Income will register an average growth rate of 13% during 2011-20 so as to reach $4,200 by 2020. (((there are a 1.25 billion people there)))

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
said by haroldo:

said by dellsweig:

...2) Why would they change their product line (cheapen it with a cheap phone)...

Otherwise, they'd be ignoring hundreds of millions potential customers (mosty outside the US, etc.)

for example...
It is estimated that India's Per Capita Income will register an average growth rate of 13% during 2011-20 so as to reach $4,200 by 2020. (((there are a 1.25 billion people there)))

And based on Apple history - my guess is they are content on letting the low end manufacturers (and low margin) have htis market - it is unlike apple to go after volume over margin..

I am no way a market anaylst - these guys and the rest of the rumor mill can knock themselves out - I prefer to look at history - whether its for technology or politics....

--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
said by dellsweig:

And based on Apple history - my guess is they are content on letting the low end manufacturers (and low margin) have htis market - it is unlike apple to go after volume over margin.....

Remember, there's a new sheriff in town and the stock has been plumetting. The road to ruin is paved with resting on one's laurels (IMHO). Change is good!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to haroldo
Wow, $4200. If they save for the next billion years, they could buy an iPhone and an iMac.

India's PPP will continue to lag behind just about everyone for the foreseeable future..

Going from unthinkable poverty to nearly unthinkable poverty doesn't make much for market. Even when talking "middle class", middle class is relative.