uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to dellsweig

to dellsweig

Re: iphone 6?

said by dellsweig:

...2) Why would they change their product line (cheapen it with a cheap phone)...

Otherwise, they'd be ignoring hundreds of millions potential customers (mosty outside the US, etc.)

for example...
It is estimated that India's Per Capita Income will register an average growth rate of 13% during 2011-20 so as to reach $4,200 by 2020. (((there are a 1.25 billion people there)))

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by haroldo:

said by dellsweig:

...2) Why would they change their product line (cheapen it with a cheap phone)...

Otherwise, they'd be ignoring hundreds of millions potential customers (mosty outside the US, etc.)

for example...
It is estimated that India's Per Capita Income will register an average growth rate of 13% during 2011-20 so as to reach $4,200 by 2020. (((there are a 1.25 billion people there)))

And based on Apple history - my guess is they are content on letting the low end manufacturers (and low margin) have htis market - it is unlike apple to go after volume over margin..

I am no way a market anaylst - these guys and the rest of the rumor mill can knock themselves out - I prefer to look at history - whether its for technology or politics....

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

said by dellsweig:

And based on Apple history - my guess is they are content on letting the low end manufacturers (and low margin) have htis market - it is unlike apple to go after volume over margin.....

Remember, there's a new sheriff in town and the stock has been plumetting. The road to ruin is paved with resting on one's laurels (IMHO). Change is good!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Wow, $4200. If they save for the next billion years, they could buy an iPhone and an iMac.

India's PPP will continue to lag behind just about everyone for the foreseeable future..

Going from unthinkable poverty to nearly unthinkable poverty doesn't make much for market. Even when talking "middle class", middle class is relative.