uniqs
share rss forum feed

RobNyc
Premium
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY
reply to RobNyc

Re: Car Insurance Question

I have told my insurance company I have been living in NJ but my car registration/insurance is under my dads in NYC as that use to be my address before. Since my NJ location wasn't permanent I decided not to get NJ license since I only have 2yrs with my license as well (new driver).

I quoted myself for insurance but it was about 4k a year whereas I added myself to my dads policy and it was 2200 a year. Now with this new insurance company I am trying to get my name running alone. They asked me if the car was registered in NY i said yes, they will get back to me this week.

Anyone dealt w/ Libery Mutual before?
I gave them my NJ address (which is now permanent) and the address where the car is registered. So I don't know where some of you are getting "I am not telling them the truth" part from.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by RobNyc:

So I don't know where some of you are getting "I am not telling them the truth" part from.

Does Geico know where you currently live and where the car is garaged?
said by RobNyc:

I been living in New Jersey (15-20mins away) from NYC (previous address/ parents place) for the past 2yrs...
My current insurance is with Geico under my dad as main policy holder but I'm added as a driver.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to RobNyc

From you wanting to register in a different state to get cheaper insurance while you live in another state.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

Does Geico know where you currently live and where the car is garaged?

The policy holder is my dad and I'm only a secondary driver.

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY
reply to CylonRed

said by CylonRed:

From you wanting to register in a different state to get cheaper insurance while you live in another state.

I'm getting my own insurance, I provided them with all the honest info. Whats wrong ?

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to RobNyc

So your father lied to them.

RobNyc
Premium
New York, NY

said by Bob4:

So your father lied to them.

No my dad lives in NY, car is registered and insured in NY as well.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey

If you're the primary driver of the car and/or you live in NJ and/or the car is regularly garaged in NJ, you have to tell that to the insurance company.