spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cybot
@surewest.net

cybot

Anon

windows 7 attitude problem towards java speedtest

let me start off by saying I am using Windows 7 x64 and IE 10 for windows 7. I have all the latest updates for java and windows. I am almost religious about making sure my system is clean and secure 100% of the time with out turning my pc into fort knox. i wanted to use the java based speed test to see if i was getting the proper speeds out of my router or not.

So i click the box to activate the java app, and windows comes up with a yellow box saying an ie has blocked the website from installing an active x control. there is an install button. great. so i click install. the page refreshes and UAC comes up asking me if i want an "unknown" program to make changes to my system. I have decided to put my trust into DSLReprts.com's website, so i click yes. then a message pops up saying windows has blocked the install of the app because it can not verify the publisher. I can only click 'ok'
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue or knows how to solve it, but i thought i would make a post here in case my problem is not unique. mainly i find it mildly funny that there are two or three dialogs asking if i am really sure i want to proceed, only to have windows decide it is not going to allow it after all