Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to Gork

Re: World of Warcraft down to 9.6 million subs.

said by Gork:

I feel that if someone (apparently at least Rhenai See Profile) doesn't like the "state of WoW" threads they shouldn't read them or comment on them. Why post in a thread just to say that you don't like the thread?

Gork, in Rhenai's defense it's not necessarily the content of thread itself, but the sheer frequency of identical posts.

I like examples, I feel like some readers need examples to understand the post.

- "What's PvE Hit Cap?" This thread is totally fine the first few times you see it. No one minds answering, it's a perfectly legitimate question, but after the 8th or 9th time it gets tiring and begins to look like laziness rather then ignorance.

Similarly these "WoW killer" threads have recently just been trolls (literally "Thang" started just trying to get a reaction out of people). Nothing is ever close to "killing" WoW and the thread gets forgotten about until the next Mongo comes along (reference probably not understood by you).

Viewers are quick to say "Subscriptions are down, WoW is dying". US economy is down, USA is dying.

Criticals

join:2010-05-30
said by Snuffbox:

said by Gork:

I feel that if someone (apparently at least Rhenai See Profile) doesn't like the "state of WoW" threads they shouldn't read them or comment on them. Why post in a thread just to say that you don't like the thread?

Gork, in Rhenai's defense it's not necessarily the content of thread itself, but the sheer frequency of identical posts.

This is a copy of the data released by blizzard. Its factual evidence released by the company that makes WoW. Truth. No one mentioned "WoW Dying" until the WoW Fans chimed in to defend it. As for the frequency this is the only thread on the forum reporting the current numbers because the numbers. People that are responding negatively to this thread would be the same as people responding negative to a census. This is the same thing.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
You are correct Criticals - we just know where these threads always go.

Criticals

join:2010-05-30
said by Snuffbox:

You are correct Criticals - we just know where these threads always go.

They go there because people take them there in anticipation of it. People defend wow like a Disc preist heals when in reality they should me more like Holy heals. If you know what i mean by that analogy.

I mean people premptively rush in to defend WoW when they think someone is trying to attack an aspect of the game. Its like when you know your girlfriend has big feet and then when someone starts to comment on her shoes you rush in to say she doesnt have big feet. When in reality they were just pointing out a fact.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
Criticals, this is the first thread that people jumped to the conclusion that the thread was headed into a "WoW's dying" direction.

All other threads essentially contained it in the OP's post.

Like I said, you're correct you didn't say anything about WoW dying directly. All I'm saying is if you post this exact same thread again, the same thing will happen.

Thank you for supplying WoW's current subscription numbers, I'm sure we all greatly appreciate it.