uniqs
share rss forum feed

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
reply to Snakeoil

Re: Defiance beta weekend giveaway - 500 keys must go!

It does have some sort of character leveling, coupled with weapon proficiency. Leveling your character allows for passive skill unlocks. The tree is mediocre IMO, as you can unlock other active skills but can only use one at any given time. There are 4 active skills surrounded in the skill tree by passive support skills to each active skill.

The game seems similar to Firefall. I think it has potential but its development feels rushed. I believe they are going to try and tie in events In the game to a television show, or vice-versa. If that is the case they seem destined for failure. Would be hard to satisfy both tv and game producers without both products suffering.

Edit-
Here is the wiki article about the tv show.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
My understanding is that the show takes place in St Louis, the game in San Fransisco.

That there maybe a limited amount of interaction between the two.

I agree the game has a rushed feel to it. I hope the TV show does well, as some of the TV spots, it looks good.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.