uniqs

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

1 recommendation

Rick4769

[TWC] Time Warner Price Increase March 2013

Click for full size
Just got this in the mail today. I did notice that my Sports Pass went up $3.00 December, 2012 and now this price increase. This new price increase would be justifiable if only they added the channels they announced and did not fulfill.

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

Wowzers, look at how much standard cable is! This is why I don't have cable. Good grief, I didn't realize cable tv was that expensive!
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by The Limit:

Wowzers, look at how much standard cable is! This is why I don't have cable. Good grief, I didn't realize cable tv was that expensive!

Yea,

It's getting ugly. However TWC has been good about Retention Rates. I called and got my rates to about where they were a year and a half ago. That's an ala-cart pricing list. You still might get smaller rate increases in a package deal, but don't pay ala-carte prices, too costly.

Direct TV and Dish have much better deals, but less HD channels. Even though when you start adding their better DVR's, it gets up to what you were paying before. They will treat you like a king for two years, with a contractual commitment. BUT, after that time expires, it is more difficult to get discount rates. Plus, TWC still has the huge advantage in High Speed Internet and Phone. If the boxes still were such a POS, and TWC could have better more informed customer support across the country, they would be more respected.

I would like to see TWC offer the kinds of deals that they give new customers to customers who have been with them for a decade or more. I've been with TWC for about twenty-five years. The Retention Discounts are good, but they aren't great, and people who have shown loyalty and patronage to TWC, should get the kind of deals offered to new customers

It seems everybody's rates skyrocket $40-$50 after those first two years, not just TWC.

Satch
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

hchen42

said by Satch:

I would like to see TWC offer the kinds of deals that they give new customers to customers who have been with them for a decade or more. I've been with TWC for about twenty-five years. The Retention Discounts are good, but they aren't great, and people who have shown loyalty and patronage to TWC, should get the kind of deals offered to new customers

I've come to learn that TWC, DirecTV do not have loyalty. I've dealt with both. Only in the face of "ACTUAL" canceling would they be willing to negotiate or offer a new price. TWC lowered my price by almost $25/month and added DVR service last year after I canceled the TV portion. When I first called to cancel, they wouldn't even give me $10 discount. Retention called 24 hours after I made the request cancellation to offer me $25 discount. I've had account with TWC here for about 4 years.

My parents had DirecTV, I was paying their bill. I complained to DirecTV that the bill was too high. They were nice enough to knock $10 lower. However, it was still too high for my taste. I asked for a steeper discount, but no go. Two months later, FIOS came to my parents neighborhood. When I submited a request to shut off DirecTV, they were willing to give me the new customer discount. I told them, sorry, I've already signed up with FIOS. My parents were with DirecTV for 4 years.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Prices are getting crazy. If I wasn't such a fan of niche sports programs, it might be easier to switch to OTA.

Anyway, so far, time warner's customer service has been pretty reasonable to deal with.

Also, all services have improved in my area compared to what they were when I initially installed.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by juilinsandar:

Prices are getting crazy. If I wasn't such a fan of niche sports programs, it might be easier to switch to OTA.

Anyway, so far, time warner's customer service has been pretty reasonable to deal with.

Also, all services have improved in my area compared to what they were when I initially installed.

Actually,

Our field techs have been pretty good in Wisconsin, and MOST (not all) of the CSR's have been helpful. I can only speak for the Milwaukee Wisconsin area though from first-hand experience. You may have to jump through maybe two or three hoops to get personnel that know what they are talking about. In my area, the phone reps are nice most of the time, but don't always have the essential information to help out customers. TWC needs to focus on an improved customer company clientele across the country, because there are really bad divisions and really great ones as well. I just think that TWC has gotten so big, that there infrastructure has become very inconsistent on the cable TV end. Phone, Internet, and Retention Deals, remain TWC's strongest assets. (And a solid HD line up, IF you are fortunate enough to live in a TWC area that has the bandwidth to handle many additional HD channels.

Satch

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

I'm lucky enough to be in a really good division. The csr's on the phone and in the local offices have been great.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
SoCal is in the 72.50 range.

High Bill
@173.226.81.x

High Bill to Rick4769

Anon

to Rick4769
Atleast you aren't being charged a 2.17 Monthly fee for "Navigator Interactive Guide". This fee is new in NC and will start next month. Now we pay for a rental fee of the box plus a rental fee of the software.........
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

Click for full size
said by High Bill :

Atleast you aren't being charged a 2.17 Monthly fee for "Navigator Interactive Guide". This fee is new in NC and will start next month. Now we pay for a rental fee of the box plus a rental fee of the software.........

You think that's something? We pay $3 for "Navigator Interactive Guide" already and we don't even have it

Still iGuide here.

Though they are reducing the fee from $3 to $0.50 next month. That's quite generous of them

grathan
@rr.com

grathan to High Bill

Anon

to High Bill
Next they will make you rent the wires to your home. Oops I've said too much.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
+$2.99 for standard. I got an email telling me my bill was availble on their Web site about 20 mins ago. Now I have to wonder if HSI will be going up too. And this is just the day after I found out one of my favorite programs, "Psych," will be beginning again next week.

Why do I feel like a frog? I ought to be medium to well done by next year. Of course if (presumably) Cheektowaga would get off their duffs and let Verizon carry video, I'd have an other-than-OTA alternative.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to Phroz

News Guy

to Phroz

You think that's something? We pay $3 for "Navigator Interactive Guide" already and we don't even have it

Still iGuide here.

Though they are reducing the fee from $3 to $0.50 next month. That's quite generous of them

So wait: Time Warner Cable has been charging you $3.00 a month for a service you don't even have? For how long?

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
That largely depends on who they send out... as far as the techs go. [I've had them come out a few times largely due to issues with the phone / internet* and sometimes the tv as well.]

*I got rid of them when they couldn't get their act together [and price going up].. I just wanted the service to work. The phone and internet would go out, supposedly they discovered a line noise issue in the cable plant- that they claimed they fixed- Although the day before I had At&t come out- was having more issues with the phone- the caller id on tv would show up, yet the phone would not be ringing.

I most have had the 'bad' techs come to my house... including one that was a contractor. [That was to upgrade to DVR from regular digital.] Needless to say.. the contractor failed quality assurance- TWC charged back the install.