spc
Search similar:

uniqs

OptimumTV
@verizon.net

OptimumTV

Anon

8300 DVR no longer Available

Cablevision is no longer giving out 8300 DVR's, but you can keep yours as long as it works. (I wish they did not update mine to the new guide, it work much better with the old one)

StudioTech
Off The Air
join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ

StudioTech

They're not giving them out in areas that have DVR Plus, which not all areas have.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to OptimumTV

to OptimumTV
No DVR+ in New Jersey.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

Correct. NJ is lucky to NOT be forced to use the DVR+

Crossed fingers DVR+ doesn't come to most NJ areas for a LONG time.

dvrsoon
@optonline.net

dvrsoon

Anon

Supposedly it will be available very very soon, then again, we have been told that before.
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to OptimumTV

to OptimumTV
I have an 8300 dvr and its slowly dying. When something is recording what your watching glitches out. I do not mind the dvr+ but my wife hates it.

I wish their was an alternative BUT things like TiVo are way to expensive for me. I cannot afford paying $200 to $300 for the box then the service per month ontop of that.

xirian
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY

xirian

Premium Member

said by majortom1029:

I have an 8300 dvr and its slowly dying. When something is recording what your watching glitches out. I do not mind the dvr+ but my wife hates it.

I wish their was an alternative BUT things like TiVo are way to expensive for me. I cannot afford paying $200 to $300 for the box then the service per month ontop of that.

Its been a while, but I've seen online stores sell the premiere for $60ish.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

said by xirian:

said by majortom1029:

Its been a while, but I've seen online stores sell the premiere for $60ish.

It burns me up but I recently received an offer from Tivo that I could pay them $49.00 for a lifetime service on that particular DVR.