All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
monkeywork
join:2004-03-31
Toronto, ON

monkeywork

Thinking of switching - retention has me wondering....

Current Service: 25/2 - 300GB - roughly $80 a month
Start.ca offer: 45/4 - 350GB - roughly $73 a month

Rogers Retention offer: 150/10 - 250GB roughly $81 a month

I don't want to lose that 50GB a month but I think that's a pretty sweet deal for the 150/10 from Rogers... Suggestions anyone? Do you think Rogers will eventually increase caps due to Bell changes?

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Can you check what your last 3 monthly data usages have been? If you have not gone over 250GB or gotten close to it, the retention offer might be a good deal.
afterburn999
join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON

afterburn999 to monkeywork

to monkeywork
That is a pretty great offer but for me personally there comes a point when it's less about the speeds and more about the cap.

Hey
@rogers.com

Hey

Anon

That offer I would jump on given my use reports. How long do you need to commit for that kind of offer with Rogers? Who do I call

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Call and say you want to cancel, tell them who you want to switch too and the plan with details and pricing. They will throw a similar if not the same offer to you to try and dissuade you from cancelling.
delius
join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON

delius to monkeywork

to monkeywork
just got 35/3 extreme with 200 gig / free hitron modem 45.00dlrs
rate guarantee for 8 yrs
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to monkeywork

to monkeywork
It looks like they're giving you 40% off or so. So do you have any other services with Rogers? They may still have the "70% off internet if you pay full price for a second service" deal, which gets me both 150/10 AND basic cable for less than $80/mo.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

That's a sweet deal. How long is the contract for?

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to delius

to delius
said by delius:

rate guarantee for 8 yrs

Yeah but that's only for NEW Rogers customers, a guy like me who has been with Rogers since 1999 don't get these deals, this is why I want to change to Tekksavvy.

Another thing. My speed with a new Hitron modem went from 16/1 to 37/3 but yet I see no difference in speed, what's the use of having a 150/10 pipeline if the suppliers (websites like Youtube) are slow & jammed with traffic?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Xstar_Lumini:

said by delius:

rate guarantee for 8 yrs

Yeah but that's only for NEW Rogers customers, a guy like me who has been with Rogers since 1999 don't get these deals, this is why I want to change to Tekksavvy.

Another thing. My speed with a new Hitron modem went from 16/1 to 37/3 but yet I see no difference in speed, what's the use of having a 150/10 pipeline if the suppliers (websites like Youtube) are slow & jammed with traffic?

No it's been modified so that existing customers can get it too.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

(websites like Youtube) are slow & jammed with traffic?

I just watched the latest ncix tech tips at 100mbps on rogers...I guess you have resorted to pulling "facts" out of a hat?

delius
join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON

delius

re extreme w 200gb free modem 8yr price guarantee
no contract . standalone plan . available to anyone
sounds too good knowing rogers we,ll see
wrinkles880
join:2013-02-12
Brampton, ON

wrinkles880

I was offered the extreme deal last night as well. I just wish I could have more than 200 gigs. Right now i have unlimited with bell but only 12Mbps. Their other packages aren't available in my area yet.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom

said by wrinkles880:

I was offered the extreme deal last night as well. I just wish I could have more than 200 gigs. Right now i have unlimited with bell but only 12Mbps. Their other packages aren't available in my area yet.

w/$1.50GB for overage, they're crazy, sticking to my 6meg dsl unlimited, family of 5 we use 300-500gb/month combined upload and download
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to monkeywork

Premium Member

to monkeywork
Don't forget that there reaches a point where your speed does not matter, the network and the servers at the other end may not be able to maximize the bandwidth.

Caps are more important.
vincom
Bolton, ON

vincom

said by AsherN:

Don't forget that there reaches a point where your speed does not matter, the network and the servers at the other end may not be able to maximize the bandwidth.

Caps are more important.

+1
why get the speed if you cant get the bandwidth

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

No it's been modified so that existing customers can get it too.

@yyzlhr

So anyway, just got off the phone with Adam at Rogers. He pulled up the screen for 35/3 200GB @$45 8 year price guarantee. No dice for current customers.

After reading your post ( I know you usually have the inside scoop) I asked Adam to triple check the "new customer only" policy and he read it to me from the screen he was looking at.

Soooo, don't know what to try next........
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

The promo code should work regardless if you don't have an existing promotion.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

What made them decide on "8" years?

Something smells fishy.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by J E F F4:

Something smells fishy.

No clue, what number would not sound fishy?

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by yyzlhr:

said by J E F F4:

Something smells fishy.

No clue, what number would not sound fishy?

3 years?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to delius

Premium Member

to delius
8yrs, no way,today 300gb is not bad, tomorrow, it will be puny.
I'd pass.
vincom
Bolton, ON

vincom

its not an 8yr contract, it an 8yr price lock.........but i agree, something not right, rogers knows something that we dont, there could be a price war coming on with the agregate-tpia implementation
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by vincom:

its not an 8yr contract, it an 8yr price lock.........but i agree, something not right, rogers knows something that we dont, there could be a price war coming on with the agregate-tpia implementation

I thought aggregate was supposed to make things more costly for TPIAs?
vincom
Bolton, ON

vincom

said by yyzlhr:

said by vincom:

they are waiting to see what the costs are for usage, we should know by end of the month

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by vincom:

Maybe it allows (forces) the TPIA's to be less competitive with the incumbents?

I'm not sure how the wholesaling works, but there must be a reason why Teksavvy or Start can be so inexpensive, compared to Rogers
afterburn999
Scarborough, ON

afterburn999 to monkeywork

to monkeywork
Is this Rogers offer to combat Bell's Unlimited Usage or is that what they've been giving out for a while now?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by afterburn999:

Is this Rogers offer to combat Bell's Unlimited Usage or is that what they've been giving out for a while now?

This came out before the bell offer.
vincom
Bolton, ON

vincom

price and capacity war!!.......yeeeessss!!!!!!
may we all be the winners.
i hope it gets real bloody
afterburn999
Scarborough, ON

afterburn999 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
I'm so torn right now, i really want to switch to Tekksavvys 25/10 plan but part of me wants to see if Rogers will match Bell's Unlimited usage.