how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jondough

join:2002-08-16
Mountain Lakes, NJ

[Tablet] HP Touchpad

Its been a long time since anyone has mentioned a Touchpad but I wanted to let you know that I am running CM9 nightlies without any issues and good battery life. New versions can be quickly uploaded and if there is a problem, easy to go backwards. Have had a few issues with Google stuff but all solved at moment. I cannot speak to what may be missing as I basically use it for web and mail but am very happy with my "investment" long ago. Dolphin browser is great.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

I want to upgrade to CM9 on my touchpad, but have CM installed, and everything I read says to do with....the other method, I forget. How do I get rid of CM and start the process of getting C9, do you know?

My main reason for upgrading, is that hopefully battery usage is better...if I leave my tablet on and booted into Android (even asleep), it's dead within 10-12 hrs.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to jondough

Yea mine is still doing well on nightlies as well... what I am waiting for is a nice stable 10... there are several threads but I haven't tried any of them... anyone got the Jelly Bean cranking on their touchpads?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

Im down to updating the touchpad every 3 months.

Did they get the camera to work?
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

said by AVD:

Im down to updating the touchpad every 3 months.

Did they get the camera to work?

You....yes, you, laddy....ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION!!

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

If you have CWM, download the rom file, boot into recovery, do a wipe/factory reset flash the new image, and clear cache and dalvick.

You are going to loose are your settings for your apps.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

Are you running CM9? I have the 16Gb version and there is mention that you can run out of space using CM, I would like to get rid of CM and use....whatever that other method is. JARA...something with a J, I think...supposedly uses less room.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

Im running CM9 on a 32GB unit.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

USELESS TO ME NOW!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

You should be a-ok with CM9.... how much space you got free right now?

Mine is a 16GB with a few webos apps and a lot of android apps and I have 3.32GB free.