uniqs
share rss forum feed

fparker

join:2008-04-28
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

[Voip.ms] Voip.ms--hangs up call using Inum's PSTN numbers

This has been an ongoing issue that has never been resolved AFAIK.

See »www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4673.0

Martin, is it possible to re-open this issue? Whenever I've called the inum # I got from Voip.ms using the inum PSTN call-in numbers, the call disconnects. Using sipbroker PSTN numbers there is no problem reaching my voip.ms inum line.

Jethro95

join:2012-09-03
Katy, TX

I have an open ticket on this. They say they are working with the dial in number provider to figure it out.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to fparker

We were able to replicate.

INUM is sending the "BYE" SIP Header when we connect the call.

We'll do a follow up with inum, a trace was provided to them. We've double checked everything on our side and we can't find any configuration problems.

Expecting news this week, as soon as I get an update I'll update you guys and hopefully it will be resolved.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA

Thanks Martin. Better than the response I got last September:
"The iNum is working properly and it can be reached from our network or Google Voice, however please note that the access numbers have issues when reaching the iNum, please note that this is a free service provided by a third party. We have reported the issue, however we can't guarantee a quick resolution for it.

Thank you for contacting us."

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP

At the time we had very few reports and we were only able to repeat the issue very sporadically. We were also quite busy.

Use of our inum service has grown and although it remain quite a "niche service", we received new reports after we updated Chicago and Montreal servers with a new version, we were able to duplicate the issue at will. We use the same configuration we use for our paid services to connect calls. All codecs are compliant and our traces indicates there are no codec negotiation issues. (This issue was tested extensively last week by myself and a programmer.)

The reply you pasted from the technician was partially correct, inum was working properly. The problem was very spare reports at the time of calls not connecting when using INUM PSTN Access Numbers. it was reported and it was hard to offer a resolution to something that was out of our control (Inum PSTN Relay Numbers).

And as I wrote already as well, we'll update you guys. Also, I'll maintain exchange confidentiality of what people write to us in their tickets, hope you guys can return the courtesy.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

If the number of reports matters, please add mine too. Corresponding ticked was opened last month too, but I still waiting for a solution. iNum access from PSTN doesn't work for me all the time. Please keep in mind, that without PSTN access, iNum is completely useless.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Adam4
Premium
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

said by OZO:

without PSTN access, iNum is completely useless.

Um... for YOU they may be useless, but there are other ways to productively use Inums, for example, for a Callcentric customer to call a VoIP.ms customer for free.
--
Asterisk - VoIP.ms - CallWithUs - Callcentric - Google Voice - Simonics -IPKall - UKDDI

OZO
Premium

You can easily accomplish that by calling VoIP.ms's SIP URI.

URI calls from or to VoIP.ms are free.
--

Adam4
Premium
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

Of course. There are many ways to make free VOIP calls. But, calling Inum to Inum is an easy way for plug-n-play VOIP users to connect for free across providers.
--
Asterisk - VoIP.ms - CallWithUs - Callcentric - Google Voice - Simonics -IPKall - UKDDI

zapattack

CANADA

said by Adam4:

Of course. There are many ways to make free VOIP calls.

Such as GV users now having the ability to call iNum anywhere in the world for free, which sort of kills any Google revenue stream (to a VoIP user).

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California

said by zapattack:

Such as GV users now having the ability to call iNum anywhere in the world for free, which sort of kills any Google revenue stream (to a VoIP user).

Google's payoff is from data mining and modeling.

Tech Crunch - Aug 4, 2010: Every two days now we create as much information as we did from the dawn of civilization up until 2003, according to Schmidt. That’s something like five exabytes of data, he says.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
reply to fparker

Hi Guys,

The good folks at iNum just told us the issue has been fixed.

Thanks all who reported the issue professionally and also for your patience with this matter. Our issue tracker will be updated accordingly.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

Jethro95

join:2012-09-03
Katy, TX

Excellent. Thanks Martin.

OZO
Premium
reply to MartinM

Thank you, MartinM See Profile for the update.

Is this fix related just to local US/Canada iNum access numbers or it's global fix? In other words, after that fix, will calling local iNum access numbers in other countries work too?
--

zapattack

CANADA
reply to MartinM

Tried International access numbers.
Worked, and caller-ID came through (via Belgium) with V.MS charge of only 1.31 Cents for 28 seconds!
Pleased to have this successfully resolved.