spc
uniqs
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to N3OGH

to N3OGH

Re: No iPhone, no sale

IMHO, keep the iphone4s. You can take it to a growing number of Verizon MVNO, pay 50% less and have the same service level. Only the contract hamsterwheel makes people think a phone is only good for 2 years. Apple is still selling the 4 and I hear they are coming out with a ghetto iphone.

And if you want a droid, sell your iphone and buy one. No contract you can do whatever you want to do. But be warned, firmware updates on droids is pathetic and pretty much you will need to root to get any newer functionality unless you buy a nexus phone. TP firmware support depends upon the dev community so watch out for that.

If it's not verizon, well take your pick and still save 50%.

Verizon: TFG, PPC
Tmobile: Lots, straighttalk
AT&T: Dwindling and expensive. I think they are having a hard time getting people off into LTE. They are about one year behind VZ here
Sprint: Take your pick, but be warned. Their network is the farthest behind...

Buying an LTE phone today is practically locking you into a vendor because there are so many frequencies. If you can hold out for a while, you can see how things progress but right now only Verizon is really there w/ LTE. And they are going to move to LTE advanced soon enough...

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH

Premium Member

That's a good point. I was looking at some of the MVNO's. Have to see if I can port my number at the end of my contract. I use it for my business & I've had it forever, so changing it is not an option.

Excellent point on the updates with Android v. iPhone as well.