All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
emeril322
join:2013-02-11

emeril322

[Internet] Massive Ping Spikes Every 60sec Approx. [Central FL]

I really notice it when playing video games such as League of Legends, since it has a ping bar at the top of the screen.. Every 30 seconds to 60 seconds (as of late, all day every day) my ping skyrockets from about 100 to about 600. Not all that long ago I was having regular full-on disconnects every 15 minutes on the dot, all day every day. Anyone have any idea? We've called Bright House a number of times but they say nothing is wrong (since I guess they're checking during the gaps between lag/disconnects, or they're lying to me). Also, they've change our modem/router 3 times now and it has done nothing each time to improve my situation.

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer

Re: [Internet] Massive Ping Spikes Every 60sec Approx. [Central

What kind of modem do you currently have from BHN?

PinchedWire
@bhn.net

PinchedWire to emeril322

Anon

to emeril322
I'm having the same issues at times for the last few weeks in Melbourne Beach. Periods of very high latency or a total connection dropout for a few to several minutes. Prior to this, I've had no issues for over a year since upgrading to Lightning and having the buried drop replaced with RG11. Power and SNR look fine and nothing in the logs. Something going on upstream.
Arris TG852 Modem in bridged mode.

BHN please look into this!

Ping statistics for 98.139.183.24:
Packets: Sent = 182, Received = 60, Lost = 122 (67% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 98ms, Maximum = 997ms, Average = 498ms
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to emeril322

Premium Member

to emeril322
Both you need to open direct threads so I can take a look at your equipment. There are no network issues that would cause this.
emeril322

emeril322

Yeah I kinda have a inkling that Bright House is throttling my bandwidth for pirating... and I can't confront them because then I'd be admitting it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by emeril322:

Yeah I kinda have a inkling that Bright House is throttling my bandwidth for pirating... and I can't confront them because then I'd be admitting it.

Oh common emril322 you know better than that besides you just did. For the record we don't throttle traffic period.
emeril322

1 edit

emeril322

»techli.com/2012/07/isp-a ··· july-12/

It wouldn't be unheard of.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by emeril322:

It wouldn't be unhead of.

Well emeril322 we aren't like some providers so take a moment to read about our Anti_Piracy Program »support.brighthouse.com/ ··· am-4433/
emeril322

emeril322

For now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though I can't say I can trust people when secret crimes are being committed (i.e. secret counter-measures may be taken?) but for now let's say it's not happening.

My internet is now, miraculously, fine. If it comes back again (like it was around for months) I'll post some info, otherwise I don't have anything to provide if I have no issues.
emeril322

emeril322 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

I wouldn't be blown away if Bright House secretly monitored traffic and throttled you for illegal downloads.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

Premium Member

to emeril322
said by emeril322:

For now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though I can't say I can trust people when secret crimes are being committed (i.e. secret counter-measures may be taken?) but for now let's say it's not happening.

My internet is now, miraculously, fine. If it comes back again (like it was around for months) I'll post some info, otherwise I don't have anything to provide if I have no issues.

Emeril322 thats so kind you of but I think our record speaks for itself. We have made it very clear in our policy statement covering this topic and I caution you to level such accusations because they would be baseless and do nothing to solve the real problem that was impacting you at the time. Rather than stir up nonsense over nothing perhaps you should spend the effort working with me to isolate the problem and get it fixed IF it involves our network or your equipment.

As for your downloading habits thats between you and the content owners that you may be infringing upon. I'm only concerned with the service we provide but I should caution you that such activities are dangerous in a multitude of ways that go way beyond some content owner coming after you.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to emeril322
said by emeril322:

I wouldn't be blown away if Bright House secretly monitored traffic and throttled you for illegal downloads.

Why do you keep repeating yourself...we've already covered this here »support.brighthouse.com/ ··· am-4433/
emeril322

emeril322

Didn't repeat myself, I think it double posted? Or something?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to emeril322
Yea it was kinda weird thats why it threw me a bit....thought we had just discussed that.