Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: Useless promotion my AMD

said by CylonRed:

"Prior to purchasing, confirm that your retailer is participating in the Promotion and that the product qualifies for the Promotion."

The retailers don't have to participate... We can only go on your word that retailers are making you buy a complete PC.

While retailers do not have to participate, then why would AMD advertise them as participating? Isn't that bait and switch?

I have contacted every one of the retailers linked at »sites.amd.com/us/promo/n ··· ded.aspx.

The only ones that mentions the xfire bundles are the systems aggregators like Ibuypower »www.ibuypower.com/Info/a ··· ded.aspx which do not sell parts.

Don't take my word, follow the link and contact them.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Click for full size
I don't know why you'd say that--Newegg looks like it is at least partially promoting with the single GPU benefits: »www.newegg.com/amdnevers ··· ttle7900

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 14125439
Free Crysis 3 & BioShock game coupon w/ purchase, limited offer

mazhurg
Premium Member
Brighton, ON

1 edit

mazhurg

Premium Member

Single cards, not x-fire bundles (IE 2 cards). ^^

From the terms and references: at »sites.amd.com/us/Documen ··· ions.pdf for X-fire bundles:
quote:
Participant must purchase two eligible AMD products (see
"Eligible AMD Products" below) in a single transaction from a participating retailer and obtain from the
participating retailer an AMD Unique ID. The AMD Unique ID is submitted on the
»www.amd.com/neversettlepromo site to obtain the Steam® Key Code for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman
Absolution, Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite, an EA Origin® Key Code for Crysis 3 and a Uplay Key Code for Far
Cry 3 (collectively, “Key Codes”).
None of the parts stores will provide ID for this, they only provide IDs for the single cards purchase - wich are different and only gine C3 and Bioshock.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I dunno, but the link you provided said nothing of Crossfire bundles, check it out yourself:

»sites.amd.com/us/promo/n ··· d.aspx#1

»sites.amd.com/us/promo/n ··· d.aspx#2

It only mentions the single GPU bennies.

mazhurg
Premium Member
Brighton, ON

1 edit

mazhurg

Premium Member

Looks for terms and conditions at the bottom left of the link you provided (which is the document I linked to) and select the Q1 2013 Never Settle Reloaded Bundle: AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 7900 Crossfire Graphics | CROSSFIRE bullet.

Here is the whole text related: (Bolded where relevant)

Q1 2013 Never Settle Reloaded Bundle: AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Crossfire Graphics |
CROSSFIRE
These Terms and Conditions govern the receipt of “Sleeping Dogs,” “Hitman Absolution,” “Far Cry 3,” “Tomb
Raider,” “BioShock Infinite,” and "Crysis 3" Key Codes for free downloads of the games with the purchase of
Eligible AMD Products (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you consent to be bound by these
Terms and Conditions. Hereinafter, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite
and Crysis 3 will be referred to as the “Free Games.” The Promotion is open to participants who are the age of
majority in their country of residence or at least 17, whichever is older. Residents of Japan and the People’s
Republic of China are not eligible.. Residents of any country in which distribution of the Games is not available,
prohibited by law or export restrictions are not eligible. Residents of Cuba, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, and Iran are
not eligible. To obtain copies of the Free Games, Participant must purchase two eligible AMD products (see
"Eligible AMD Products" below) in a single transaction from a participating retailer and obtain from the
participating retailer an AMD Unique ID.
The AMD Unique ID is submitted on the
»www.amd.com/neversettlepromo site to obtain the Steam® Key Code for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman
Absolution, Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite, an EA Origin® Key Code for Crysis 3 and a Uplay Key Code for Far
Cry 3 (collectively, “Key Codes”). The Key Codes are redeemed at www.steampowered.com/getsteam,
www.store.origin.com, and »uplay.ubi.com/.
Promoter: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, Sunnyvale, California 94088 USA.
Promotion Period: Promotion Period begins February 4, 2013 and ends on July 31, 2013 or when supply of Key
Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Eligible AMD Products must be purchased during Promotion Period.
Key Codes must be used to obtain Free Game downloads by August 14, 2013, after which the Key Codes are void.
Eligible AMD Products:
To receive the Key Codes for the Free Games, purchase two Eligible AMD Products in a single transaction from a
participating reseller. Eligible AMD Products are the AMD Radeon™ HD 7970, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 and the
AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GHz Edition Graphics Cards.

Prior to purchasing, confirm that your retailer is participating in the Promotion and that the product qualifies for
the Promotion.
To Receive AMD Unique ID: Participant should refer to the participating retailer for instructions regarding
obtaining AMD Unique ID before purchase. As examples only, a participating retailer may require you to request
AMD Unique ID from the cashier upon purchasing the Eligible AMD Products; a voucher with the AMD Unique ID
may be inserted into the shipping box; AMD Unique ID may be emailed to you after the participating retailer
confirms your online purchase; or a participating retailer may require you to fill out an online request form after
your purchase demonstrating that you purchased the Eligible AMD Products from that participating retailer during
the Promotion Period. The AMD Unique ID may be given to you on a physical coupon voucher or it may be
provided to you electronically.
OFFER GOOD ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO OBTAIN AMD UNIQUE IDS OR
KEY CODES AFTER ALL AMD UNIQUE IDS AND KEY CODES HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED.
To Receive Key Codes: An internet connection is required. Upon receipt of the AMD Unique ID, Participant should
visit www.amd.com/neversettlepromo, input the AMD Unique ID (referred to as a “Unique ID” on the website) and
the other required information, and submit the web form. THIS WEBSITE MAY BE PROVIDED IN ENGLISH,
JAPANESE, KOREAN, GERMAN, ITALIAN, FRENCH, AND SPANISH ONLY. Participant will receive an email from
Rayment & Collins (noreply@amd4u.com) at the email address provided on the web form which contains the Key
Codes. If Participant does not receive the Key Codes via an email from Rayment & Collins within seven (7) days of
supplying the AMD Unique ID on www.amd.com/neversettlepromo, the Participant should contact
support@amd4u.com.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Ah, I see now, thanks. I would guess that AMD is still in negotiations with the retailers, which is why they have links of participating retailers for the 7900s and 7800s, but no similar links for participating retailers for the Crossfire bundles. Since it was just announced this weekend, that's probably what happened.

The promotion runs through July, so I don't think we lose anything by waiting a week or so and seeing what details arise.

That said, how is Crysis 3 and Bioshok together worth $170??? I don't get it.

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 00995145

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to mazhurg

MVM

to mazhurg
Probably comes down to timing but clearly AMD knew some would not participate hence the note in the PDF to check first.

mazhurg
Premium Member
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

Which is clearly what I have done. But it does appear (so far) that "some" = "none"

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

found you on reddit in the GaPC thread

mazhurg
Premium Member
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

Well, since I use the same user name in different places, it's not too hard...

- Besides, if the word pops up many places that the offer is not fully functional, perhaps it might nudge things along a bit?

(and yes, I also contacted AMD, waiting on an answer).

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to mazhurg

MVM

to mazhurg
That is up to the retailer(s)... Though as noted already it looks like NewEgg is doing some of it. And I believe in one of the other thread linked - NCIX participated - though with low stock if I remember correctly.