amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

1 edit

amd64now to Davefred99

to Davefred99

Re: voip.ms rate

said by Davefred99:

I am an Anveo customer and do not use most of the listed features because while your baseline fees for basic use are very good most of the bells and whistle features require a higher subscription fee or add on fee.

The one big feature that sticks out to me is sub accounts. I refuse to pay $5 each or even $15 for five additional sub accounts. I also want more channels, not because I am a high use user but because I have multiple phone lines and do not want to pay extra just to use the same minutes I pay for anyways.

For the above listed reasons I am seriously considering voip.ms in spite of there higher minimum deposit & slightly hihger incoming call rates.

I use some of the features listed. Fax to e-mail and recording of calls are nice features to have.

Everyone should compare all their costs with every provider they are thinking about using. For example, if you were to port a number now $24 dollars gets your number to Anveo with a year free of incomings. Just another .80 cents per month for E911 and you pay as you go low outbound rates.

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match. Ask if they will price match the E911 also!. If no deal, $3.95-4.95 inbound with $1.50 per month for E911.

Review both providers for where you call most with an estimate for your monthly outbound calls. Add the inbound and the features you require and you have your lowest cost provider in your situation.
Davefred99
join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA

Davefred99

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match. Ask if they will price match the E911 also!. If no deal, $3.95-4.95 inbound with $1.50 per month for E911.

Review both providers for where you call most with an estimate for your monthly outbound calls. Add the inbound and the features you require and you have your lowest cost provider in your situation.

Well,
I decided to go ahead and open an account with voip.ms and see for myself. I now have accounts with Anveo, Callcentri & Voip.ms.
I do not need all three but it is nice to have options.
One thing I can say is I am very impressed with the list of options and way they are presented on there website.
I have an asterisk machine running but am considering doing away with it as it is a nice toy but in no way necessary for my needs. I wanted to try Voip.ms mainly because of there unlimited sub account feature as it would cost more than I think it is worth on Anveo to add them if and when I shut down my Asterisk box.
I am not unhappy with Anveo service just there added fees and would most likely keep them for 2 numbers & the 2 included sub accounts. I keep Callcentric for 911 on one of my obi boxes that has google voice on it. I also like that with voip.ms e911 is optional if you already have it available from someone else.

avenison
join:2009-12-10

avenison to amd64now

to amd64now
said by amd64now:

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match.

I submitted a residential port request yesterday. Just wanted to report that the "lnp10" promo/coupon does not appear to work. The porting form does not affirm or deny it, and when completed the amount charged is (the normal) $25 - it was not mentioned by the human employee that submitted the request to my carrier either.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by avenison:

said by amd64now:

You are correct, if you need more then one additional sub account, voip.ms is a better value. You can port a number with "lnp10" for $10 dollars port and tell MartinM you want a price match.

I submitted a residential port request yesterday. Just wanted to report that the "lnp10" promo/coupon does not appear to work. The porting form does not affirm or deny it, and when completed the amount charged is (the normal) $25 - it was not mentioned by the human employee that submitted the request to my carrier either.

The code was promo10, not lnp10. This code is no longer needed, porting has been permanently lowered to $10.

---

Yes we'll match the incoming flat rates of any provider on this forum, by private message,. You send me a DID number, I adjust the rate.
poker85
join:2011-10-05
Laval

poker85

You match the price for everyone? or just new custumer?
Dagwood01
join:2007-10-22
Oakville, ON

Dagwood01 to MartinM

to MartinM
Hey Martin - I sent you a PM on this last week and haven't heard back yet.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

Hi!

I'm sorry I'm currently travelling and I've got my PM box quite full for requests hehe. I will try to clean in up within the next few days, and apply all the new rates. Thanks for your patience guys.