share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

1 recommendation

[SU] iOS 6.1.1 is out

»www.engadget.com/2013/02/11/ios-···s-first/

It is showing me as available for my phone right now.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

That's because it's only for the iPhone 4S. I wouldn't expect it to show up for any other devices.

»www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/c···hone-4s/
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Sebehk
United States Navy Retired, 1993-2013
Premium
join:2002-02-09
Pueblo, CO

Right you are.

iTunes says that 6.1 is the latest for my iPhone 4.

--->Robert
8-)

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to donoreo

Yes, the link says it is for 4s.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to donoreo

Looks like the jailbreak for this version will be available soon as well.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to donoreo

Thank god, iOS 6.1 is a horrible network monster for Activesync connections. I notified all of our hosted clients to upgrade to this is they could as the load on our hosting infrastructure is insanely high.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30

said by rugby:

Thank god, iOS 6.1 is a horrible network monster for Activesync connections. I notified all of our hosted clients to upgrade to this is they could as the load on our hosting infrastructure is insanely high.

do you guys not have any kind of load balancers in front of your exchange boxes to manage traffic?

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

Not when there is a 10,000% increase in traffic.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rugby

Is there any evidence to suggest that the changes in 6.1.1 have anything to do with ActiveSync? Given that 6.1.1 is a 4S-exclusive update, it probably does not.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
Plainfield, IN
reply to RiseAbove

said by RiseAbove:

said by rugby:

do you guys not have any kind of load balancers in front of your exchange boxes to manage traffic?

We don't use Exchange, but rather Kerio Connect which is an Exchange-like server.

We actually traced it to one client and they are having their IT guy come look at their issues. They have consumed 80% of our bandwidth for two weeks now every day. Totally out of proportion for how many users they have.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
Plainfield, IN
reply to banditws6

said by banditws6:

Is there any evidence to suggest that the changes in 6.1.1 have anything to do with ActiveSync? Given that 6.1.1 is a 4S-exclusive update, it probably does not.

Well theoretically it might since it *could* be a network issue on 3G. But I doubt it.

RiseAbove
Premium
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

Not when there is a 10,000% increase in traffic.

You can use load balancers to quell traffic and to limit it to the exchange boxes. Depending on how much your company has spent on them you can have it so repeated connections in a certain time frame from a designated IP, like a VIP, are denied or in some cases blocked due to excessive calls.

As I have stated before I run mobileiron in a corporate environment, I have anywhere from 700-1000 devices at any time, right now right around 800 and 95% of those are iPhone 5's on verizon and 90% of those are on 6.1. I had a grand total of 2 devices so far run into this error. A fresh OS install fixed the issue and everything is right as rain. Both of those users did in place upgrades to 6.1 which I think is part of the issue even though I prefer users to upgrade that path since itunes is a piece of crap.

Don't get me wrong I think some people are having issues but I think the issue was blown out of the water and not causing near the problem they claim it is.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to donoreo

quote:
Microsoft Suggests Blocking iOS 6.1 Over Exchange Bug
Published on February 12, 2013
by John Paczkowski
Apple’s iOS 6.1 update may have solved an issue that undermined cellular performance on the iPhone 4S, but evidently it didn’t repair a second bug that cut some users off from Microsoft Exchange. On Tuesday, Microsoft broadcast a support document acknowledging the issue and offering some workarounds to avoid it that range from throttling iOS 6.1 devices to blocking them entirely. Microsoft is currently working with Apple to fix the problem.
URL: »allthingsd.com/20130212/microsof···nge-bug/

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to RiseAbove

The microsoft solution is don't respond to meeting invites on your phone.

A source from an unnamed related fruit company may have mentioned if you accidentally respond to a meeting invite from iOS, you need to delete the exchange account and readd it.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

RiseAbove
Premium

said by Mike:

The microsoft solution is don't respond to meeting invites on your phone.

A source from an unnamed related fruit company may have mentioned if you accidentally respond to a meeting invite from iOS, you need to delete the exchange account and readd it.

I hear ya Mike. You can also toggle the calendars option and it should clear out the issue.

For any Exchange admins out there I would suggest using this document
»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr···495.aspx

Their are a lot of bad configurations setup out their in exchange environments and they add to the problem. (ie multiple people full delegates on one inbox, leaving outlook open all the time.) Also word to all the admins on 2010 Exchange, SP3 just came out and it addresses a bunch of active sync issues.