join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to djkaeliben

Premium Member

to djkaeliben

Re: Censorship and Cancelation Issues.

A post of mine from there:

My experience with Hughes Edit Subject
Not wishing to risk Sara deleting the entire topic of " Other Hughes Customers" I will post a new topic.

As I have posted comments Sara has tossed in the standard "If you have...."

So Sara, why am I so cynical ? Read on. This was a reply I posted elsewhere but it fits here:

I guess this has turned into a crusade with me because of a past "billing issue"

Way Back When, they came out with the latest and greatest HN7000s modem

Well I bit the apple and ordered one up, and while I was at it, why not "upgrade" my plan from "Basic", to "Pro".
Well after I talked to "Rafsenjonie" or whom ever after the broken english I found out the hard way that good ole "Raf" put me on "Pro Plus" rather than "Pro"
So..... my monthly bill went up $20 instead of $10.

Now you see where it got "Good" was in the fact that I was was paid up at the time of the "Upgrade"
So when it was all "done" (about 2 min.) into the "upgrade", I needed to pay them AGAIN !!!!

Of course repeated calls to "Raff" and his brother and sisters got me no where.....whodathunkit.

At last I found this forum, I learned of the existence of ECC.

I mean COME ON ! I now have to pay HUGHES 2 times per month ?

I took some time and got my docs & dates all in a row and called ECC.

It finally got straight, but......

The debit to my checking caused.......problems
The $20 per month increase instead of the planned $10 caused.....problems.

In the end, I kept the $20 increase rather than risk..maybe getting bumped to the $125 per month plan.

Those "pesky" language problems you know !

I also took that "Golden Shower " opportunity to stay 1 entire month ahead of my Hughesne bill.

I also changed out all financial data Hughes had on me.

I pay, one month early, every month by e-check...one time payment.

IF THAT UNETHICAL 3rd world "Company" ever tries to take any funds from my account I will spend my very last $ to put this "company" in the place it belongs.

I give them the respect that they have worked SOOOO hard to earn.

When I see these people doing stuff like they are doing to the OP it just makes my blood boil...

Moral of this story:

Hughesnet in terms of responsibility is like a child. You may love your child dearly but you can't hand them your wallet and not expect them to mess up.