share rss forum feed

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

[Anveo] Custom SIP URI.

Suppose I wanted to try a Custom SIP URI for a SIP. What would I put into the boxes to be equivalent to having "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for This Account" selected?

I am just experimenting. Things work well, but I wonder about what else I could do. I have seen "SIP URI" discussed, and I think the answer to the above question could help me understand more.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by StillLearn:

Suppose I wanted to try a Custom SIP URI for a SIP. What would I put into the boxes to be equivalent to having "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for This Account" selected?

You wouldn't put anything different in the box that says "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for This Account", though you could. The difference comes in the way that you invoke the call flow.

I suggest you do the following:

1. Make a copy of your current call flow to test with.
2. Create a new inbound sip and assign the new call flow you just created to it.
3. Get yourself a free did and direct it to the SIP URI you got in step 2.
4. Call the free DID and listen to your phone ring.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 edits
Step 1... I understand that. I certainly would work with a copy. I have made several call flows.

What does it mean to "Create a new inbound sip"? Are you referring to a SIP call control in a call flow?

How does step 2 give me a SIP URI?

grand total

Mississauga
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by StillLearn:

Step 1... I understand that. I certainly would work with a copy. I have made several call flows.

What does it mean to "Create a new inbound sip"? Are you referring to a SIP call control in a call flow?

How does step 2 give me a SIP URI?

From your dashboard click on IVR Call Flow | Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow. Click on "Add a new inbound SIP". Assign one of your call flows and click save. You should now see a newly created SIP URI that you can use.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
said by grand total:

From your dashboard click on IVR Call Flow | Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow. Click on "Add a new inbound SIP". Assign one of your call flows and click save. You should now see a newly created SIP URI that you can use.

I see. That process give me a *@sip.anveo.com:5010 address, which is a SIP URI. I see the *string starts with my account number. These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow and do something such as connect to my "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for this account", transfer, get a message, or whatever.

Thanks.

grand total

Mississauga
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by StillLearn:

said by grand total:

I see. That process give me a *@sip.anveo.com:5010 address, which is a SIP URI. I see the *string starts with my account number. These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow and do something such as connect to my "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for this account", transfer, get a message, or whatever.

Thanks.

Exactly, you're welcome.
--

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to StillLearn
said by StillLearn:

These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow

FYI there is also a "special" SIP address which rings your SIP device directly bypassing the Call Flow system.

sip:1555XXXXXXXXXX@sip.anveo.com

XXXXXXXXXX = your account number
--
My VoIP News

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit
said by Arne Bolen:

FYI there is also a "special" SIP address which rings your SIP device directly bypassing the Call Flow system.

sip:1555XXXXXXXXXX@sip.anveo.com

XXXXXXXXXX = your account number

Thanks. That sounds worrisome. Somebody who knew my account number, including somebody who had the a SIP URI which starts with my account number, could ring in around my call flow filtering.

Is there such a thing as having your own SIP server where you would have something like 123@4.5.6.7, where 4.5.6.7 is your IP number