S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: X1 Billing with XF Complete Triple Play

said by SeattleMatt:

S10-
Since I worked with the Escalations team to finally get my X1 box, I was informed of what you just went through - that since I was in an Anyroom Triple Play - I would have to pay an extra $20/mo for the X1 boxes.

I figure i'll buy 1 less bottle of vodka every month..LOL.

LOL Thanks for the insight Matt! Would have been nice to know about the extra charge ahead of time but I'm not going to give up the X1. Hopefully in a future update they will be able to activate anyroom functionality on the boxes.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

From what I read and posted on the X1 thread, there may be new X1 or X2 or X3 hardware that will bring anyroom functionality, and not the current X1 hardware that is out, I think.
Expand your moderator at work
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf

Re: X1 Billing with XF Complete Triple Play

said by Mike Wolf:

From what I read and posted on the X1 thread, there may be new X1 or X2 or X3 hardware that will bring anyroom functionality, and not the current X1 hardware that is out, I think.

We know for sure that it will have multi-room functionality via the IP client boxes called XI3. They may also update the X1 software to support more traditional cables boxes that are MoCA enabled too.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

The one thing I miss with having the X1 box is being able to set a reminder to watch a program (which obviously I could just use the DVR to record).

Has anyone ever had the issue with setting a one-time recording where if you use the episode recording options to extend the start or end time by 1 or 2 minutes that the box doesn't accept the recording modification the first time? The last couple of times I've modified my recordings in this manner I've had to go back in and extend the time as for whatever reason the box doesn't take it on my first request.