so... did nobody watch it last night?

pb5k
Can't Triforce
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Glendale, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

It was published piece-by-piece as webisodes before the "syfy" premiere. It's a very solid program, and it deserves to be greenlit as a series. But it needs MOAR LENS FLARES.

I didn't watch the Syfy airing last evening; did they continue the unnecessary censorship that was in the webisodes? -- "Why don't we get going? Assuming this piece of {pipe drop} can actually fly".
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

It was on last night? I missed it. I will look to see if it is on again.
--
"We are the only intelligent people in the universe." Arrogance 3:10

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Its on right now,.....

Its at the end,...

Guide listings don't have it showing up again,....I'll update my listings manually to see if that helps,....

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to lotusracer

Was this uploaded to the internet piece by piece? Does someone have the entire thing out there? It struck me as having promise (love BSG), but got really tired of the short episodes.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

pb5k
Can't Triforce
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Glendale, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

There's a usenet release that edited all the sections together. Also the complete playlist here - Blood and Chrome.

I agree, Blood and Chrome deserved better than to be chopped up like that. I'm surprised Syfy didn't co-opt the sunday night airing with wrestling or change the airdate at the last second.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to lotusracer

I didn't watch it last night. Too focused on the walking dead. But I did see it when it came out on the webisodes. I liked it then.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to lotusracer

It's strange the SyFy channel don't list it for reshowing. I only realised it was on half way thru!
Maybe it will be shown again in a month, or so, beause it will be sold as a digital download, or DVD/DR on Feb 19th.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to lotusracer

The "unrated" edition will also be available on Blu-ray. There's some curses and maybe a boob during the shower scene.

Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. If it became a series I'd definitely watch.
Coker is the man.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

said by Rook008:

The "unrated" edition will also be available on Blu-ray. There's some curses and maybe a boob during the shower scene.

Watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. If it became a series I'd definitely watch.
Coker is the man.

I'm guessing no more then some side boob,......

I agree that its a fairly good production and I would very much like to see more in the way of a series. IMO it gives license to get excited about BSG again. After watching it I just couldn’t believe they weren’t going forward with it but that was my reaction to the BSG revival via the mini-series. In such a case you kind of understood that it was something of a feeler and they didn’t know what an incredible gem they had on their hands.

Unlike Caprica, IMO. After watching Caprica on DVD before it aired I just couldn’t believe they were going to continue with it. I still watched every episode but Caprica IMO was tedious, poorly cast (for the most part) and not very well written or executed.

Its good to see the BSG franchise find its legs again and sad to see that it has nowhere to stretch said legs,……

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Rook008

BSG - Blood and Chrome

BSG - Blood and Chrome ... It was alot better than most shows I've seen recently. Although I'd like to see the mini-series, my assumption is SYFY will use the excuse that the show was "too expensive" to continue carrying on their network (as they said about BSG).

Personally, I hope the show (if mini-series) does well for more than 2 seasons.
--
B-Movie DVDs

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Voxxjin

Re: [Sci-Fi] BSG - Blood and Chrome?

said by Voxxjin:

I didn't watch it last night. Too focused on the walking dead. But I did see it when it came out on the webisodes. I liked it then.

I dvr'd both Blood and Chrome and Walking Dead... for some reason, I just never checked out the webisodes.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Swindle

Re: BSG - Blood and Chrome

The first thing I thought when I finished watching Blood And Chrome was "that probably cost a lot of money to make."
The special effects were everywhere, and well done.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Octavean

I agree, I'm pretty excited to see more BSG.

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Rook008

Re: BSG - Blood and Chrome

Yup, exactly. That worries me a bit since alot of shows are cancelled when they are deemed "expensive" ... I still have hope that SYFY will pick this one up as a series.

The show has a decent & likeable cast and an interesting plot at the moment,
--
B-Movie DVDs

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

I was hoping that the huge amount of special effects was just a way to make the best pilot possible and persuade the bosses to order a season. The rest of the show, if made, would probably be cheaper to produce. I hope.
But I like the characters and cast so far, and even though we know the ultimate outcome of the war, they could do a lot with the details.
--

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to lotusracer

Watched it, enjoyed it.

Virtual sets weren't so cool though.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to lotusracer

If you liked BSG - Blood and Chrome theres a contest for Canadians from SPACE:

5 copies of Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome on Blu-ray/DVD via our @SPACEchannel
Up for grabs via Twitter
The contest is open now and closes tomorrow at 6:00PM ET.

I don't normally post contests but thought y'all might be interested.

If this is something Y'all want once a while here in our Sci Fi forums let me know, and I'll post anything relevant in the future on their own thread. I just don't want to start a trend of filling up our Sci Fi forum with contest spams. Cheers.

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer

Its out on DVD and BD,.....

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to lotusracer

Everyone interested in this becoming a series should show their interest by going out and buy the DVD.