Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9
reply to J E F F

Re:  

Another vote for Slacker. I loved it so much, I went premium & dropped SiriusXM. I stream it on my PCs, TVs, Smart Phones & via my smart phone feed it via Bluetooth to my car audio.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I also have Slacker Premium. Pretty sweet being able to use it on all kinds of devices as you say.

I stream from my phone or tablet to a bluetooth speaker in my bathroom for the shower tunes that get me pumped up to face the day.

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to J E F F

Re: [Rant] Everything going to complete crap!

Slacker's $4/mo pay version is excellent for building your own stations--lots of good & useful customizations & features. The interface recently launched (today?), though, really sucks. And they haven't changed their Roku player look yet (or ever?)--still ugly/bright (so now it matches their new web etc. player). But it sounds great.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

I disagree. I love the new look & it's user friendly.

Joey1973

@verizon.net

It's the brightness I hate--for both interfaces (though esp. for the Roku). They just need to provide a "dark" option; everything else about the interface is mostly irrelevant (even the ugly blue color).

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

This helps I think: »userstyles.org/styles/45663/glob···-control

Joey1973

@verizon.net

Yep, that's much better. When you're in a light-dimmed room listening to some music from the easy chair but you want to be able to glance over to verify that some track that's playing is already "favorite'd", having this really bright white window glaring over the whole room is visually annoying. Yeah, I like it well enough now that's it at "half-light".

Netbum

join:2002-04-08
Oakley, CA
reply to Dude111

Re:  

I think it sounds pretty good,from here.
Best online radio thing I've come across,so far.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Dude111

Re: [Rant] Everything going to complete crap!

Right now, I'm stuck using out Apartments Wi-Fi, and to say the least streaming video/radio is iffy at best. Sometimes we get a whopping 54 Mbps, other times 1, if it even connects at all. Am I blaming the streaming radio sites? Nope, I just blame whomever is running the Wi-Fi.

Trust me, when you're in the middle of updating Windows 7 or Xubuntu, there's NO feeling like getting 95% done then have the Wi-Fi channel suddenly get changed to one with 40% signal strength, even though there's one channel up top at 100%.

Next time, I'm gonna be sitting in the Apartments office & when it happens again, I'll show the manager & ask him why it's 100% till it's almost over THEN I get changed to a 30-40% channel?

I know, people get on & off, but really, 100% for 2 hours then zap no connection?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Rant, already in progress!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Dude111

Why do you want better quality? Sound play quality was fucka low in the 80's so iheart sounds just like your thing. I mean really, how can you want better things when so much was just shit then and you love it so?

Not only that, computers didn't stream then giving no choices and you love that too. So what is the complaint about? You got your 80's quality and now you are unhappy with it?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Expand your moderator at work