amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable

I'm satisfied

I've thought about switching, but just can't bring myself to do it. The plan I have is still better than anything that any of the other carriers provide, even with a VZW discount from work.

Don't care about iPhone. Seems like Verizon has a new Android based handset every 5 minutes, which is just overkill, and most of them are crap.

Sure, they're not perfect, but they do have great service. Never had a problem roaming either. Seems like I've almost always got better service than even some Verizon users, even if we're most certainly on the same tower, with similar phones.

Would be nice if they'd get 4G here, as every other carrier already does, but I'm honestly in no hurry for it. Would be nice if there were solid roaming agreements for this, so that I'd be guaranteed coverage in major areas, but it seems like all of the carriers are carving out their own little pieces of it.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
said by amungus:

Don't care about iPhone. Seems like Verizon has a new Android based handset every 5 minutes, which is just overkill, and most of them are crap.

I agree with not caring about the iPhones. It’s an irrelevant piece of hardware if you want a highend phone. But I disagree about most of the Android phones Verizon offers are pure crap. Had you said AT&T or Sprint, I’d agree. But one of the reasons I switched to VZW from Sprint was due to Verizon getting so many top tier handsets. It took me a lot of thinking and comparing to finally settle on the DNA versus the Razr HD.

Right now Verizon offers I believe 18 different Android phones that you can purchase from their website. The Droid DNA, Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr HD Max, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 are very high end handsets. You’ve got the Droid 4, Droid Razr M, Droid Incredible 4G and Spectrum 2 which are all respectable midrange options. That’s half of their options being decent right off the bat. Many of the free or really cheap phones are EOL that they want to clear inventory. Aside from the Stratosphere 2 and the Pantech phones, there’s really nothing wrong with what they offer.
--
Dale Jr, Riding Daddys Coattails Since February 18, 2001!