spc
uniqs

kw3li
@fuse.net

kw3li to CinBell

Anon

to CinBell

Re: Zoomtown slow 600k/400k

Katie after talking with someone from support this evening 2/11 they cant help, seems like poor customer service. She keep saying to due to network saturation in the area thats the best we can do. She had no eta to when the problem would be fixed. I understand speed cant be guaranteed but when your quoting 5mbs/768 and she is getting 600k/400k can barely watch a video on youtube let alone the netflix account I got her for christmas its pretty ridiculous. Now i have to convince her time warner wont be as bad.

tired of bad
@mycingular.net

tired of bad

Anon

Same problems in florence/union.

Customer service number is not helpful and may be able to schedule appointment during business hours middle of next week. Real convenient for those who work real jobs.

Had similar issue in December took three days for them to respond.

Already pulled cell service from cinti ball. Waiting for 2 year contract to expire on internet and land line.

kw3li
@twtelecom.net

kw3li

Anon

To me it seems like they have given up on the dsl costumers in hopes that the fiber network will be a viable replacement but the roll out of that has been extremely slow.

Florence
@fuse.net

Florence

Anon

Oh, their Tech support is terrible. I've been with ZTown for 4yrs now, had not problem until recently. Yesterday, the technician came over this is second time, he had found no problem which i knew that. What all tech support say every time is same thing follow their protocol and never fix the issue, i requested to talk to their supervisor but no allow to. All they ask for is to upgrade the service (asking pay more). Don't contract with Zoomtown, Contract with Insight, they have cable with residencial phone (free long distnace) + 10MB for $43 a month.
mudtoe
join:2005-10-09
Cincinnati, OH

mudtoe

I'm having similar problems, but not as severe as you. However, the 7-11pm time frame is often really bad. Also looks like they have lowered the max speed on everyone who isn't fioptics to 3mb, as even in the middle of the night that's the max I can get, whereas a year or so ago I could get 4.5mb late at night. I too have gotten the customer service run around, even after I showed them some trace route outputs showing that one of their core switches was dropping packets during peak times (they probably already knew that but weren't happy that I figured it out).

I suspect that all the fioptic customers are overloading their core network and so they are responding by limiting the non-fioptic people and not putting money into anything but adding new fioptic customers. Unfortunately I have no alternatives where I live, but if one becomes available I'm gone. I had Cincinnati Bell since I moved here (SW Clermont county) seven years ago, and things were fine, both technically and customer service wise, until about six months ago. Now both suck.
mudtoe

mudtoe

Looks like they installed a new core switch, as I see a different one on the trace routes now, and the dropped packets during early evening are gone.