Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to grand total

Re: [Anveo] Custom SIP URI.

said by grand total:

From your dashboard click on IVR Call Flow | Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow. Click on "Add a new inbound SIP". Assign one of your call flows and click save. You should now see a newly created SIP URI that you can use.

I see. That process give me a *@sip.anveo.com:5010 address, which is a SIP URI. I see the *string starts with my account number. These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow and do something such as connect to my "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for this account", transfer, get a message, or whatever.

Thanks.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by StillLearn:

said by grand total:

From your dashboard click on IVR Call Flow | Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow. Click on "Add a new inbound SIP". Assign one of your call flows and click save. You should now see a newly created SIP URI that you can use.

I see. That process give me a *@sip.anveo.com:5010 address, which is a SIP URI. I see the *string starts with my account number. These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow and do something such as connect to my "SIP device connected to Anveo.com for this account", transfer, get a message, or whatever.

Thanks.

Exactly, you're welcome.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to StillLearn
said by StillLearn:

These could be used by somebody else (or me) as a SIP "phone number" that would "ring" into that call flow

FYI there is also a "special" SIP address which rings your SIP device directly bypassing the Call Flow system.

sip:1555XXXXXXXXXX@sip.anveo.com

XXXXXXXXXX = your account number
--
My VoIP News

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit
said by Arne Bolen:

FYI there is also a "special" SIP address which rings your SIP device directly bypassing the Call Flow system.

sip:1555XXXXXXXXXX@sip.anveo.com

XXXXXXXXXX = your account number

Thanks. That sounds worrisome. Somebody who knew my account number, including somebody who had the a SIP URI which starts with my account number, could ring in around my call flow filtering.

Is there such a thing as having your own SIP server where you would have something like 123@4.5.6.7, where 4.5.6.7 is your IP number