Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

Phone/ICS issue

I have a Droid Bionic.

I previously had it running Honeycomb(with Adobe Flash) with absolutely no problems.

Since the recent upgrade to ICS(4.04), I have encountered one issue.

On an online streaming TV website, whenever I access "on demand" content, I get picture and audio working fine. Whenever I click on the live streaming content, I get picture with barely garbled audio. The live streaming volume works perfectly fine only when I have headphones plugged in or when I hook it up to my car stereo system.

This site works fine on my laptop as well as my Honeycomb tablet. The site worked fine before the upgrade to ICS.

Any suggestion to get the volume to work when I stream live content?

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL

You had Honeycomb on a Bionic? Sure it wasn't Gingerbread?
What site is it? I have a Bionic also.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

It was Gingerbread.

It is the only site that does that.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

Flash is a very tenuous thing on Android these days since Adobe dropped support and development.

It also varies widely browser to browser, some not at all, some flakey variable site to site.

Generally it seems to work best on whatever the generic browser the device came with.
--

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to navyson

You can check XDA for an updated flash player apk and also try a different browser that allows flash such as firefox. (chrome won't play flash)

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

4 edits

Yeah Opera won't anymore either but still love it for downloading as it will default to downloading any file format link you throw at it ... even linked from mail, FB, or any other app that Android sees it as a viable target app for the task in the pop up window... ie a video file MX will show to stream it, but Opera also a choice if I want to download it. And some other apps too like Tubemate if its a YouTube link.

And while it won't play a Flash video it will still DL a direct link targeted FLV file, that isn't restricted to stream only.
--