uniqs

DenGra
@teksavvy.com

DenGra

Anon

[Cable] speed change?

Yes i am with teksavvy cable in London Ontario

I am on the 18meg unlimited service if I am correct

typically when I have the modem directly connected to my ps3 the internet connection test page in the settings will give a rough idea of the speed which is a steady 25.6 megs/s down and 980k/s up, typically

when it is plugged in my net-book directly I do a speed test and it gives a rough idea as well which is a steady 12-14m/s down and about 400-800k/s up

now I have a netgear router shiney nice black one, anyhow... it too typically is about 16-24m/s down and 300-900 up/s at any given time

now over the last 5 days I have had about 4 maybe 5 cable outages that went from about midnight till close too the afternoon and now though all my speedtests are the same at about 2-4m/s down and 25-200k/s...

I am lagging on youtube(ps3, pc, tablet, phone) netflix(ps3), hulu(ps3), music unlimited(ps3) among other services...

Heck my Wind mobile data plan is going faster then this crap....

like what is going on here in London and keep in mind I am in the Huron and highbury area if thats any help

I have also called tech 2 times now first was concerning the outages= RESOLVED - I think?

second time I got abit of attitude and talked too like a child that didn't know his tech.... Come on guys

Now I want too get a DOCSIS3.0 cable modem too upgrade my service but i am not going to be doing that if this keeps up... Just seems any Cable reseller is like having too many issues with the lines or something

any how RANT OVER

have a nice day...
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

Not sure if you just wanted to rant or if you wanted feedback.

The city wide outage is resolved. It was an outage not a slow down so if you are having issues it is unique to you or your very immediate area. I'm smooth sailing at 28/1 on the otherside of the city.

What does the tech think the cause of your slowdowns are? Are they going to send a tech out?

(Techinically Teksavvy is not a reseller.... It is a slightly different service and delivered differently than rogers. Which is why TSI cable customers were out in London this weekend and Rogers customers were not).

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to DenGra

Premium Member

to DenGra
yes there was definitely a large outage in London on the weekend, but it sounds as though you are having other issues IMO. Did the Tech open up a ticket for you? If not I think this is where we need to start. You can also post in the Direct Forum and we can assist you there as well.

I'd also like to listen to that call, would you mind PM'ing me so that I can look into this further for you.

Thanks

DenGra
@teksavvy.com

DenGra to graniterock

Anon

to graniterock
I am still on the phone with them actually here so i will soon find out

it was more so rant but any ideas would be greatly appreciated

as for the outages-that really grinded my gears

also i have a vpn service active on my router but I dont think that would cause the issue

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to DenGra

Premium Member

to DenGra
said by DenGra :

I am still on the phone with them actually here so i will soon find out

it was more so rant but any ideas would be greatly appreciated

as for the outages-that really grinded my gears

also i have a vpn service active on my router but I dont think that would cause the issue

Hi There,

Did this phone call help resolve your issue?