spc
uniqs
john1290
join:2003-12-06
Reynoldsburg, OH

john1290 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose

Re: [Other] The Integration Has Begun!

I checked with some friends at work that have TWC and I guess TWC's whole house DVR absolutely blows chunks. Each "satellite" DVR in your house is capable of recording 2 shows at once. Looks like WOW's WHDVR setup has nothing to fear from TWC's WHDVR. Two of the guys I spoke to switched to satellite a while back because of TWC's DVR limitation (can only record 2 shows at once) and their crappy DVR software. (Constant lockups mainly.) In my eyes, the only thing TWC has going for it then is the app that lets you watch the live TV package your subscribed to on your iPad/Android device. A 3rd person I asked, dumped all TWC video services and only has them for internet because their prices were skyrocketing.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of just using my ISP for internet. The only thing on TV is crappy, "reality" shows..........on EVERY. SINGLE. CHANNEL. God, this scourge of "reality" TV can't end soon enough. I'm working on breaking my wife of her "reality" TV addiction and once that's done.......... internet only package please!

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

They will probably throw basic cable at you for uber cheep to keep that part of the biz.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to john1290

to john1290
said by john1290:

I checked with some friends at work that have TWC and I guess TWC's whole house DVR absolutely blows chunks. Each "satellite" DVR in your house is capable of recording 2 shows at once. Looks like WOW's WHDVR setup has nothing to fear from TWC's WHDVR. Two of the guys I spoke to switched to satellite a while back because of TWC's DVR limitation (can only record 2 shows at once) and their crappy DVR software. (Constant lockups mainly.) In my eyes, the only thing TWC has going for it then is the app that lets you watch the live TV package your subscribed to on your iPad/Android device. A 3rd person I asked, dumped all TWC video services and only has them for internet because their prices were skyrocketing.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of just using my ISP for internet. The only thing on TV is crappy, "reality" shows..........on EVERY. SINGLE. CHANNEL. God, this scourge of "reality" TV can't end soon enough. I'm working on breaking my wife of her "reality" TV addiction and once that's done.......... internet only package please!

TWC can already do 1TB worth of storage and 4 tuners on their signature home service in which they tie two multiroom DVRs together for a total of 4 tuners and 1TB worth of storage. I think they have an intro deal for Signature home for $199 that includes the multiroom setup, basic digital tier, 50Mbps internet (75Mbps in Dallas area)(100Mbps in Kansas City area),and digital phone)
john1290
join:2003-12-06
Reynoldsburg, OH

john1290

said by motorola870:

"TWC can already do 1TB worth of storage and 4 tuners on their signature home service in which they tie two multiroom DVRs together for a total of 4 tuners and 1TB worth of storage. I think they have an intro deal for Signature home for $199 that includes the multiroom setup, basic digital tier, 50Mbps internet (75Mbps in Dallas area)(100Mbps in Kansas City area),and digital phone)"

Wow, $199? No freaking way I would ever have a $200 cable bill.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY

jpatton1979

+1