uniqs
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3 to Kruisey

to Kruisey

Re: [BC] Today - usage cut in half - 28 Days Later a $5 increase

said by Kruisey:

I am an elderly person who is a retiree with Telus ... Have no argument with my picture quality.

I'm not trying to be rude here so don't take this the wrong way. If that's true then maybe you shouldn't be so adamant about Optik's picture quality all the time.

You eyesight might not be what it used to be, plus as you get older your ability to process information decreases. At 30 fps you just may not be able to distinguish the macro-blocking and softness.

Optik looks terrible compared to American HD cable.

That also explains not caring about the reduced caps. There are many new ways of using the internet for us young whippersnappers.

Off-site backups of important information. Sharing HD video of your children with your family who live elsewhere. And many, many more. Its pretty easy to burn through 250 GB these days.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

They probably have alot more competition in USA that makes a big difference in the markets for customers.
Solution Get a green card and move over the border
ruiner3
Canada

ruiner3

More like too many apathetic customers here. It is the same situation in the States, a bunch of monopolies and duopolies and yet they still hire competent staff to setup their encoding hardware.

Even if it were true, that wouldn't excuse them for charging more money for an inferior product. And then making it worse and charging even more.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

There is no competition now so they can.
ruiner3
Canada

ruiner3

And that makes it ok? Where did I say they can't do it? You obviously have way too much time on your hands but please stop introducing so much white noise when the adults are trying to discuss things.
Expand your moderator at work
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to ruiner3

to ruiner3

Re: [BC] Today - usage cut in half - 28 Days Later a $5 increase

I was being quite logical.
If there is no competition then Shaw and Telus can match charge what they like.
Kruisey

Kruisey

Telus has at last given me the amount of internet use for the month.
I thought it would be high but its only 5G.
Thought I used the internet alot .
How many hours must one be on the net to have overages above 250 or 500G ?