|reply to Rob_ |
Re: Western Digital NES drive
First question's going to have to be answered by some more questions
- This the product you're talking about?
- if it is, what speed is the ethernet connection on the device physically? I can't find anything on WD's specs
sheet whether it is 100Mbps or 1000Mbps
- is there a GigE switch or a 10/100Mbps switch between your PC and the WD drive?
- does Win7 register the NIC speed as 100Mbps or 1000Mbps?
- have you benched your NIC and switch with IPERF or similar to see if it can really move a Gigabit of data?
2nd question you're going to have to go to the manual or WD to figure out.
Mary Esther, FL
1)That's it, the 3TB version,
2)It's clocked at 100Mbps
3)Don't know how to do that
I'm concerned because my ISP will be getting 30 megs up and right now, in its' current setup, it won't go past 20 megs.