spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alitan

@rogers.com

Feb 12th Outage -LONDON TEKSAVVY/Rogers

Teksavvy internet is down again in London ON.
I am extremely irritated , as this is fourth time in the last two weeks! I'm a student and need internet for my studies. This is just unacceptable.
I hope you won't use another 'Truck slammed into cable post' reason again.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Rogers is doing maintenance tonight because of the two outages, I was down for 30minutes, modem would not sync meaning to whatever CMTS Im connected to was being worked on. I was back on after whatever work was done.

What do your modem lights look like?

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to alitan
Apparently London is always bad luck. I remember hearing frequent outages there last year.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to alitan
What's the light pattern on your modem doing?

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mlerner
We're the city everyone forgets exists haha.

But at a pop for 400k, we're not insignificant. Especially with it being a major transportation hub (it sole reason for existence).

And ya there was a major outage in 2011 that lasted a month I believe because of DHCP issues. But I believe London wasn't the only area hard hit. I was on DSL at the time. Suffered the issue myself twice, guess this city is cursed for cable internet.

benng

@rogers.com
reply to TSILiz
Mine has been down too. Ata stopped working last night with no dial tone , connection for other devices has been on and off . Tried multiple resets of modem ,router and ata. Nothing has worked proper since the last outage on Saturday. Getting pretty fed up also

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to alitan
Hey Everyone-

If you are offline, please message us in the direct forum to troubleshoot, we are trying to gather enough tickets to determine a pattern.

Thanks for your cooperation everyone and hopefully we get this resolved ASAP!

Liz
--
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

sthuh1

join:2013-02-04
reply to alitan
just went out again for me...

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Could you post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can look into it.

Thanks,
Martin

sthuh1

join:2013-02-04
ah, it just came back.. sorry about the inconvenience

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
If you are loosing your connection frequently, you may have another issue on your hands.

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10
reply to alitan
Not sure if related, but mine went down last night a few minutes after 2AM. When I called in they said Rogers tends to do maintenance at that time...was back when I woke up this morning.

Symptoms, the modem wasn't syncing at all, Power and Link lights were on, receive was blinking. Send and online were off.

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Scycotic:

Not sure if related, but mine went down last night a few minutes after 2AM. When I called in they said Rogers tends to do maintenance at that time...was back when I woke up this morning.

Symptoms, the modem wasn't syncing at all, Power and Link lights were on, receive was blinking. Send and online were off.

Ya that's what I experienced as well. Makes sense they'd do it the middle of the night versus the day. Too bad I'm a night owl.